1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to me Xtreme V

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 07PSDCREW, Nov 16, 2013.

1. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Hello all, just picked up my new to me "2011" Xtreme V. Gonna clean it up tomorrow and take a picture. I've searched the threads here looking for info on how to fix a slow wing. The right wing is 1-2 seconds slower than the left. I tried opening the PDF on fishers library site but it says it has moved... Any help or info appreciated. Anyway here's first peek

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Very nice.

3. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Nice upgrade. How big is it? Did you get your other one sold?

4. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Its an 8'6". Yup! Sold the ezv to a gentleman that was 45 min ride from where I picked up the new one up in NH. I delivered 90 miles and helped him with the install of his new harness.

5. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

6. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Thanks...I read that but it dosen't contain anything helpful. Just says air in system. I checked fluid levels today and it seems good. No bubbles in the fluid either. I'll figure it out eventually.

7. weekendwrench

weekendwrench Senior Member

My 8.5 X-V has done that since new. Right wing is about a half second slower. I never gave it much worry.

8. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Yeah, but when in vee going to scoop position the left is already fully extended when the right is just getting to straight. Bout 2-3 sec behind. They are supposed to be together. I'll figure it out soon. Worked on it today. Greased the center pin and lift triangle pins. They were making noise.

9. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Okay, so now that I've made a few changes to the plow, washed and waxed the truck and the plow, here's a few pictures.
    My little helper, Chelsea.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

11. LuckyPlower

LuckyPlower Senior Member

Nice rig, Looks good.

12. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Thank you. Just need to add snow now!

13. LuckyPlower

LuckyPlower Senior Member

but then it will get dirty… good thing you took some pics. it may never be this clean again

14. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Ha ha ha...yes it will, I hope. ;)

15. A&J Landscaping

A&J Landscaping Senior Member

Nice back rack where did you get it and how much was it thanks

16. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Thank you... I like to be different. So I looked for a nice alternative to the usual back rack.
    This is a Pro-Tech cab rack. I bought it from New England Truck Design in Sterling, Ma. They beat the online prices and everything. No shipping charges either as they are a Pro-Tech dealer and install custom aluminum Pro-Tech truck bodies. I just had to be patient and wait a few weeks while it was delivered. I got the best price of 565$. I then bought 200$ in LEDS and installed them myself. They give all kinds of configuration choices too. I liked the full louvered look even though I have a slider window. I can leave the window open when I go in a store etc..there's also a 55 gal fuel tank/toolbox combo mounted in the bed that I got from the same place.

17. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Beautiful set up man

18. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Thanks Sawboy! Do you have any vids of your Wicked Warnings?
    Ive got the usual 4 corner strobes and a roof mount light my daughter calls "twirly".

19. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Great looking truck man. Is your rear bumper painted Arizona Beige, or is it just a reflection?

20. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Thank you!
    That must be a reflection of the grass... It's chrome front and rear..

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013