1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New (to me) Xblade

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by abbe, Nov 14, 2010.

1. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

picked this X blade up over the summer. it is going to replace my ezvee for the winter. Its a 8foot in pretty good shape. and best part is i scored it! never mind the leaves stuck all over it, or the green barrels in the bed.

xblade 1.jpg

xblade 6.jpg

xblade 7.jpg
  2. advl66

advl66 Senior Member

looks like its time for a new cutting edge.but nice truck and plow. i wish i could score on one!
  3. snorider075

snorider075 Senior Member

Sweet rig abbe! let us know how she works out for you. Hopefully pennies from heaven will start falling.
  4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

X2 on the cutting edge. But other than that it looks like it's in good shape. That stainles looks realy good with that green.
  5. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Thanks mercer, before the snow flies a new edge will definetly be on. yeah somebody already welded C clips on the side so that way the metal banding on the bottom lip cannot come off.
  6. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Very nice set-up....looks great
  7. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

looks good
  8. oh8chevy2500

oh8chevy2500 Senior Member

i always thought the xblades had center punched holes on their cutting edges so they could be flipped? if so there appears to be alot more life left above the bolts on that edge.... but i could be wrong...
  9. SIWEL

SIWEL Senior Member

why did you change from the ez vee to the x blade? I always wanted to get away from the straight and get a vee blade, but I have never ran a vee blade for a long period of time.
  10. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

i still have the ezvee actually haha but i bought the xblade because it just looks damn good. plus i sub contract and there was no incentive for running the vee blade. I do think your right oh82500, the edge is center punched. didnt even realize that
  11. oh8chevy2500

oh8chevy2500 Senior Member

Edges aren't cheap just trying to help ya save a few bucks
  12. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Pretty nice looking truck. I think the truck would look really good with a leveling kit.
  13. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

you and me both. i just dumped my spare toy money on a new remington 1187 supermag, so truck parts have to wait for a few weeks....damn college budget!
  14. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Yeah I hear yeah. When you do start looking though go to ebay they have them there as cheap as 70 bucks for a 2.5 inch kit.