1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to me truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 04f250fisher, Oct 7, 2009.

1. 04f250fisher

04f250fisher Senior Member

I traded in the ford for a truck that i trust.

100_2038.jpg

100_2039.jpg

2. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

diesel gasser? i dont see badges, although looks like it has an aftermarket exhaust. what problems were you having with the ford? was it a 6.0psd?

looks good though.

3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

It was a ford lol- they circled the problem!

4. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, I think that one is a Cummins. To me, my Ford is more reliable than our Dodge.

5. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

Looks good as long as its not a Power Wagon cause you can't put a plow on it.....

6. onebadplowtruck

onebadplowtruck Junior Member

Nice truck man, I love my CTD trucks for plowing and from the sounds of your signature you already have the tranny you need to keep it reliable. ENJOY!! one snowplower to another.... i fix customers fords and plow with dodges. just the way ive found that works for me

7. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

I see you are from Simsbury,, I've bought several diesels from Mitchell Dodge in Simsbury and have had superb service from them, event though they are 60 miles away.. It is worth it to me.,

8. 04f250fisher

Its diesel. I had a 6.0....... Turbo, oil cooler,EGR cooler, head gaskets, FICM, all went in a year and the heads were leaking again when it was traded in with 75k. The dodge starts on the first crank unlike the ford that cranked 5 or 6 times before it started and i get 20mpg around town.

9. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

gonna have to change your username! thats a real nice truck though. is the old plow just gettin switched over?

10. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

nice truck , how many miles on it?
    i love my 07 dodge diesel plows like a dream

11. 04f250fisher

Yep the 05 mm2 is getting switched over. The wiring is all in and was the same as the ford. Has almost 52k on it.

12. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

nice trade :)

13. Doin_It

Doin_It Senior Member
    from Mt.

Too funny........

MKWL says...

Fisher replys......
    GO FORD......

14. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

mmhmmmmm I have a 03 5.4 gasser and it has 155 on it and everything is still just about original runs like it is brand new still.

15. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

i have a 03' ford f-250 with the "oh god" 1st generation 6.0L and knock on wood she has 139,000 and the only thing i put on it was 2 IPC sensors under warrenty and 2 Alternators so far thats it

16. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

you got a good 1st generation 6.0 how have ya been man? you still down south?

17. fisher guy

thats what everyone says but yeah unfortunately im still down south. I got a pretty good job oppurtunity in the works with a local construction company as a dirt crew foreman. I'm suppose to know with in the next week if i got it. that and the g/f issues i dont know if i gonna make it up there but we'll see i miss snow!!! So how u been man how was ur summer?

18. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I'll mail you a jar of snow

19. fisher guy

mail me a few dump truck loads so i can dump it in my drive and plow it quick before it melts