1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to me truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by k&j Landscaping, Feb 26, 2012.

1. k&j Landscaping

k&j Landscaping Senior Member

picked this up last fri. 2010 3500hd 4x4 with only 2850 original miles.

046.jpg

047.jpg

043.jpg

2. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

very nice little truck!!! im guessing its a gasser?

those like like simulators, ive always hated them. Would rather have factory painted rims myself.

What did she run you?

3. k&j Landscaping

6.0 gas, 6 speed auto, 4.10 locking rear, snowplow prep pkg., trailer tow pkg. I do alot of small jobs in tight areas, perfect for what I need. 31987 + all the tax and fees. Remainder of 3/36 till 2013 and 5/100000 powertrain too.

4. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

sounds like about 10k off new. Not a bad deal, still alot of payments to swallow. I wish they would make a 4500hd and a 5500hd that size. Just put them on a heavy axle set and beefy springs.

5. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

I agree, seems like there would be a market for them. I know plenty of people who have bought 450/550's because of the smaller frame, but if GM made a 4500hd/5500hd on the smaller frame they would have gone with GM...

BTW Nice new truck!!!

6. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Whats the gvw rating on that rig? Whats it sit at empty? Wish they would start making med duty trucks again.

7. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice truck! what you going to hang up front?

8. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i am not a huge chevy fan but that is a nice truck good luck with it

9. k&j Landscaping

Will probably put another western on it. Size and type not sure yet. Really like the western I have now and the local dealer support is awesome. Payments yes, down time and repair bills nill for 2 years+. That is my thought process. Just do not like used vehicles.

10. k&j Landscaping

11. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Truck looks great and will serve you well. Who is your dealer and what area of Cleveland are you located? If I was you I would go with the Wideout for sure on that truck. The versatility and productivity of the plow is unmatched. I guarantee you will be happy with the buy.

12. k&j Landscaping

Located in Old Brooklyn area of Cleveland. Biddulph and State to be exact. Was thinking wideout for next fall too. Alot of red though, giant cherry driving around. Oh well, price was right for me, beggers cannot be choosers:) I use Carnegie Body, they have always been fair to me and taken care of any issues on my pro plow quickly and done right the first time, although that western has been virtually trouble free since purchase 3 years ago, just a few small leaks basically from rusting here and there a little, the most important thing to me. If time permits we should get together sometime and network?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  13. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Looks good! same rugby dump body I just got put on mine!

14. k&j Landscaping

deere615, bought at Day Chevrolet near Pittsburgh. Heard of them?

15. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Ahh gotcha! Yeah hear about them all the time you see there ''DAY" bumper stickers alot here also, never been to them though