1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to me truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by RCsLawncare, Jan 15, 2011.

1. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Finally found a decent work truck in the configuration I wanted. 2007 GMC 2500HD. Has the 6.0 with the 5 speed in it. First two are from when I bought it, and then the afters. Transferred all the plow stuff and wheels and tires off my old one to this one. Really like the truck so far. Should have more snow monday to try it out in the white stuff!!

2. RCsLawncare

Here a couple more, and I think I needed some cutting edges.

3. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

Looks good. Deff looks better without the old man boards
  4. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Looks great! Now it needs some strobes up top... How many accounts do you do?
  5. RCsLawncare

Chevyman, I totally agree. By the way, if someone would like to admit they like them, there sitting here and they can have them! haha. And yes, strobes are on the list of stuff to go into this truck including a back rack and more lights on the back. I service about 16 lots of decent size and about 10 driveways. We have been adding driveways every storm though.
  6. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Nice, sounds like you have a pretty full plate! How do you like the tires and what are they? They look pretty meaty..
  7. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Sharp looking truck you have now, What do you have planned for lights?
    Yes you did need new cutting edges. enjoy your new truck

I liked the (old man boards)

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

i love that truck...its the exact truck i have except a different color and i have a fisher. it should serve you well throughout the years
  9. RCsLawncare

GMCHD, I keep busy and when I cant handle it all, I have a friend with a Dodge that helps me out. The tires are BFG AT's. I love the tires, just 265's, wish I had gone with 285's.

Maverjohn, Thank you!!

Stihl guy, does yours have an auto? Hows the 6.0 plow? Im ready to get in it and go... The truck with the little driving I have done with it, it gets better milage than the 8.1, another reason I wanted a 6.0
  10. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

truck needs....

towing mirrors, strobes, new cutting edges, backup/work lights, bed liner ;) other then that looks good!
  11. RCsLawncare

EGLC, how did you know... That was seriously the exact list of stuff that I have for the truck... Thinking of doing a dupli-color roll on liver, but might just have a professional one sprayed in... I do however have the cutting edges taken care of and man did those hurt the bank account...
  12. 2004chevy2500hd

2004chevy2500hd Senior Member

RCsLawncare - If you don't mind me asking - Where did you pick up the rims? I noticed that you swapped them out after purchase. They look stock (?) - and they look good.

Looks great!!
  13. RCsLawncare

Hey there, They are actually off the quad cab I traded in and are the stock aluminum wheels that came on the 2500's. So too answer your question, there stockers! Seems like the lawnsite guys have a better eye, they pointed out something funny in the pictures a friend did while I was cleaning out my other truck.. I didn't even notice it till he mentioned it... Oooops!!
  14. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Looks good!!! time for a backrack! Might want to toss on a set of mud flaps to keep the road debris off the bodyThumbs Up

15. 2004chevy2500hd

2004chevy2500hd Senior Member

RCsLawncare - I like 'em

- That's what I have on my rig. smiling - I'm looking for a rim (factory) for a full size spare.

Anywho - Very nice!
  16. exmark

exmark Senior Member

16 lots holy crap man. Do you have any one working for you, like a shoveler or anything? How long does it take you and what's the size of the lots. Sorry for all the questions bro, but im slowly building up and im not sure how many parking lots I can handle just yet. I want to do 5 hopefully next year by myself, but I was a tad worried that I wouldn't be able to get them all done if it came down to crunch time. Any advice would sure help. Also nice truck. Looks really good.
  17. RCsLawncare

Im usually out at least 20 hours after a storm. I have some accounts that don't need to be done till later in the day, so its really good to time them. Usually Ill send a bud to do driveways and small lots that he can easily do with his straight blade. I used t have a shoveler last year, but upgraded to the Toro snowblower and my efficiency has gone way up. Not to mention, my back has thanked me too!! It just depends on each storm as he has been to every lot with me and if I get tied up at school, he will cover for me since he only plows for me. Most of my accounts take an hour or less, and three of them are next door to each other eliminating that drive time, which in the day with 5 inches of snow, can be a nightmare with other drivers out on the road!!
  18. buttaluv

buttaluv Member

why did you go with a regular cab, standard tranny this time? the reason I ask, is because I have been looking for a work truck for some time...but just can't make up my mind...diesel vs gas, auto vs stick, extended cab vs full 8' bed..and so on! I like the simplicity of a standard tranny, but then think about shifting all day & night and then go back to looking for an auto....anywho, Nice Truck!
  19. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

Is this "Something Funny" The foam middle finger in the back window? I got a good laugh from it.

Nice truck!
  20. The PuSher MaN

The PuSher MaN Senior Member

Glad somebody else said it :mechanic: I can't stand running boards on any truck. It looks real nice after you got her set up.