1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to me truck. Question.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by johnslawn, Jan 10, 2009.

1. johnslawn

johnslawn Member
    from ma

Hi everyone.
    Picking up a new truck on Monday. 2006 Chevy, Dually w/dump body.
    Question. Is GM's rear axle that much narrower than Ford,Dodge that I can use a 8 1/2 foot blade? Or just do the 9 footer? Want to stay with Boss. And only do residential drives.
  2. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

You should have more that enough truck for driveways. congrats on the new purchase
  3. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

Go with the 9'. surprising how much quicker areas go with and extra 6" on both sides.
  4. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Congrats on your new truck. Remember we like pics.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Big truck for doing drives. :dizzy:

Good luck. payup
  6. Go with an 8' blade. In residential its not uncommon for a car to be parked in one lane of a double driveway. Anything bigger than an 8' blade and you'll have a hard time getting past the parked car. Some people will expect it shoveled otherwise!
  7. johnslawn

johnslawn Member
    from ma

Wanted a bigger truck for rest of year. fear a 8' blade will be to small. hoping 8 1/2 will be ok.
    All my customers know, no shoveling! ! Cept the very few I choose to help.