1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New To Me Truck = New To Me Problems. Old School Diamond Plow Help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by DeereFarmer, Dec 22, 2010.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Yesterday I bought a '95 F350 with a 8.5' old Diamond plow (bought new in '95 with the truck) from my buddy. It's a one owner, it decent shape. He hasn't plowed with it in aabout 2 or 3 years, so I know its going to need some work. First, the plow won't move in any direction. My friend says that its probably just the solenoids. Does this sound correct? Secondly, it burned the belt for the plow pump on the way home. The belt was old and junky, so hopefully it was the belt that was the problem and not something more major. The pulley on the pump seems to spin fine. Where do I located a belt for this? Would it be something Fisher would have or something that Meyer would have? I have a Fisher dealer much closer to me, so hopefully that will work. Anyway, I'm new to these old plows (I've had Minute Mounts my whole life), so any info that you can give me would be helpful!:eek:

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

So I found a belt and got it installed, but the plow still does nothing. There is power going to the controller. I moved the lift cylinder up and down my hand a few times and there was no resistance or anything, then it got stuck about 1/2 way up and it won't go down. When I disconnect the left and right hydraulic hoses, there was fluid in them, but the plow would go left or right. The fluid in the reservoir is not completely full, its about 80%. Should it be topped off full? Also I banged on the solenoid a few times with a hammer, but that didn't change anything. Any ideas?