1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to ME truck...looking for advice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by aarons, Jan 4, 2011.

1. aarons

aarons Junior Member

Hey guys, just got a 1999 Ford F350 Quard cab Dually 3 months ago. I never thought I would be putting a plow on her but the time has come. I have a 95 f350 with a 460 in her that plows like a dream (Meyer 8'6"). I just put down my dodge 2500 with a 360 in her due to a blown #7 cyclinder (Meyer 8').

What I am looking for is the optimum setup for this truck (99 f350). Being that she is so big to begin with. :mechanic:

Thanks for all the advice in advance!

2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Whatever you do go with a 9'+ plow to clear the wheels especially while turning. I'm partial to Boss or Hiniker V's.
  3. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

9'+ V-plow.
  4. aarons

aarons Junior Member

They are exactly what I have been looking for...Checking out the used forum now!
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

at least 9' and wings would be a plus
  6. aarons

aarons Junior Member

I never used wings. Can they be placed on any plow?
  7. 01lariat

01lariat Member

That is a long clumsy truck. Optimum would not be putting a plow on it at all. I'd buy a more practical truck.

My MVP was bought from a guy with an 01 dually supercab diesel. It's 1000lbs weight and that diesel put the nose of that truck on the ground. That is a concern.

I plowed once in a crewcab srw truck. Screw that, It doesn't turn, it's hard to see out of the tinted window so far back behind you and you have to be damn careful not to smash the hell out of it It don't fit anywhere well. The truck looked good when I used it last. A year later with employees driving it, it's one step up from totalled now!
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  8. aarons

aarons Junior Member

I know but with my dodge down for the count, it is cheaper for me right now to put a plow on my truck than it is to but a "plow specific" truck, unless there is some crazy deal out there.

So how does everyone feel about the Blizzard 810? Pros - Cons
  9. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

9.2 boss v. that truck is a truck for large lots. you will need a plow big enough to cover your dual trail