1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to me truck and plow ........... ;)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 1982atm, Oct 20, 2011.

1. 1982atm

1982atm Senior Member
    from indy

2001 f350 lariet 195k miles////////////// brand new never used 8'2" boss vxt for sale $18,000 new tires and all new front end parts truck needs nothing and did not have a plow on it when i bought it [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

You paid $18k for it?

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I sure hope he didn't. I'm a little confused with this post. It sounds like a for sale ad. :dizzy:

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I'm confused with it to. Either way $18,000 is way to much for that truck.

5. 1982atm

1982atm Senior Member
    from indy

no i didnt pay that for it i bought just the truck then bought the plow got both this summer so the plow has never been used and the truck never had a plow on it till now....... but I got a job offer that I might take and will not be plowing so im selling it

6. 1982atm

1982atm Senior Member
    from indy

i dont belive its too much the truck itself is worth atleast 13k and what is the cost of a brand new boss poly vxt 8.2 with smart locks????? guarantee you cant buy one for less than $5k

7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

A $13k truck + $5k plow does not add up to $18k when you sell it. Even though it looks real good, it's not a $13k truck.

8. 1982atm

1982atm Senior Member
    from indy

well thats funny cause ive looked all over the usa on every craigslist and all other for sale adds and you cant find a 99-02 ccsb lariet srw powerstroke diesel with under 200k for much less than$13k and the plow is brand new never used i just put it on 3 days ago so still has full 2yr warranty

9. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Dude for real?!! Im in Alaska and trucks sell for more here than in the lower 48 I could find one without even trying for around 5-9k.

10. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Oh and also this doesnt go in this section

11. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

sell the truck and plow seperate. more like 6-7k truck and sell the plow for around 4-5..

12. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Not true according to every Craigslist ad in the USA. :rolleyes:

13. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

18000 tell us when you sell it.

14. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

subscribe this will be funny

15. 1982atm

1982atm Senior Member
    from indy

ok so all you smart @$$es lets see you find a 7.3 powerstroke from 99-02 crewcab lariet for less than 12k and if you do its a piece of ***** that has 300k miles and worn out parts ...... some people geeeeeezz////////// and again I said a 7.3 diesel 99-02 lariet crewcab not that turd 6.0 diesel........... an

16. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

oh wow.

The 6.0 is a great engine if maintained. And yes, I can find a 7.3 from 99-02, with good miles, cc lariat for the price range you want..WITH plows. You are asking too much. Just because you paid 5 or 6k for that plow new, doesn't mean you'll get it back out of it.

Go buy a new truck, drive it off the lot, and try and sell it for what you paid...not gonna happen.

17. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

LOL how many days does it take to search every craigslist in America. I do Baltimore up to Mass and it takes me an hour

18. 1982atm

1982atm Senior Member
    from indy

well the plow is not used its new never used just installed.... and the 6.0 is junk!!! unless you spend lots of $$$ to make it bullet proof as in egr delete and head studs with upgraded gaskets ect ect ......and im sure you can find them cheap up there in that region but they will be all rusted out.... needless to say in my area a truck like this without the plow is worth 12-13k and the plow new is over 4k even used you cant find them for less than 3500

19. 1982atm

1982atm Senior Member
    from indy

i use some program called craigspal that allows you to search multiple cities and states at once so it only takes a few seconds

20. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Ah thanks for the tip, now I have always wished CL had a better search database, thanks for site, now I can really look for skidsteers