1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to me truck and new plow.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ff1241, Dec 14, 2010.

1. ff1241

ff1241 Member

2007 Chevy 2500 crew cab with 6'.5" bed. Red LED's are for the fire dept I'm on. I need to have 360 coverage with a siren in Wisconsin. Snowplow is a Western Pro Plus. 8'6" wide. We just had a nice winter storm and she ran like a champ. I did have one problem as the hand controller went out on me Sunday night. I was lucky it was up off the ground untill I got it in one monday.

Video of the red led lights. This was done before the plow was on. I use an amber mini lightbar for snowplowing. I have a very busy intersection to get through so the lights on the sides are a big help.

2. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Looks great . how did the truck handle the plow? The controller just stopped working? 6.0 in it?
  3. PowersTree

PowersTree Senior Member

Nice ride!!
  4. ff1241

ff1241 Member

The truck and the plow with out a problem. It has more power than its needed. Yes its the 6.0. Its a gas but I know how to fix a gas over a diesel. I was plowing and just got the plow up to finish up a little and them it would not do anything. I could hear the pump or someting running and when I hit the off button it would jerk to the side a little. So I took the truck and plow back to the shop and they tried a new controler and it worked. Put the old one back on and it raised the plow without me hitting any buttons. Gave me a new free controller and took the old one to send it back in.
  5. mnduramax07

mnduramax07 Junior Member

Very nice truck and plow you have!!
  6. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Any mods on truck? stock mirrors?
  7. ff1241

ff1241 Member

Only mods are the lights and siren. They are the stock towing mirrors.
  8. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

what are you running in your tail/reverse lights?? looks like just a wigwag.. separate bulbs, or does it use the factor ones?
  9. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Very nice truck actually super nice truck makes me want a crew cab throw some 285's on there and would look even more aggressive trust me! ;)
  10. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Could you post a couple close up pics of the mirrors from both angles and which lights you used for them? Would like to put some running light LED warning combo on mine but am concerned with how far each sticks out.
  11. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

real good looking setup you have there!

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

nice setup
  13. ff1241

ff1241 Member

The tail lights flashing use the stock bulbs. I just spliced in a Soundoff tail light flasher.
    As your lights are needed it will override the flasher so you will have use of the tail lights for brake lights as well as backup lights. Just an FYI if your towing a trailer your trailer tail lights will NOT flash.

The small lights are the Tomar rect 13. The also make one with 4 led's called the rect 14.
    I also used the rect 13's on the rear license plate.

The other larger light is the Sound Off Predator 2. They kick ass and I have 6 of them on the truck. 2 on the side of the toolbox, 2 on the mirrors, and 2 on the grill. They are very bright and have the best off access visibility I was able to find.

The Tomar and Sound Off lights are smart and do not need a 2nd led flasher. You can also link them to make a flash pattern as long as they are the same brand of light. Or you can turn the flash pattern on to a steady burn and use a 2nd led flasher to suit your needs.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  14. ff1241

ff1241 Member

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  15. lawnscapes2

lawnscapes2 Junior Member
    from zone 5

What did that entire lighting project cost? and could you break the costs down by type?

16. BlackBirdWS.6

BlackBirdWS.6 Member

Nice truck! I really like that color on the classic body style.
  17. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

How'dy nieghbor! Nice truck and plow. Are you doing some subbing this year? Or do you own a business around here?
  18. ff1241

ff1241 Member

I have told one guy that I would be willing to help if needed but Im just doing a few large prive drives for now. I work 2nd shift and I'm on call for the fire dept ambulance druing the day so I don't have a lot of free time.

Tomar RECT-13 $45 each X 4
    mounting bracket for license plate $30

Sound Off head light flasher $50 I like this because it also makes the plow's head lights flash.

Sound Off tail light flasher $50 FYI if your towing a trailer it will not make your trailer lights flash. I wish it would.

Sound Off Predator II $125 each X 6
    Mount plate for mounting on grill. Free home made from aluminum diamond plate

Switch Panel, TOUCH TEK 6 Function $300 when new but its now in its 2nd truck.

Electronic Q-Siren $400. when it was new but its also now in its 2nd truck.

Federal Signal DynaMax Speaker $200 each X 2 also came off of my old truck.

911ep WL 24 still needs to be installed but was $325 when new but also came off of my old truck.

Tomar police light LED dash light. Made from spare parts I had off my old truck. $Free or $200 if new from tomar.

Traded in 4 Tomar RECT 37's still up for sale at the shop
    Traded in Tomar 6 head Tomar power stupply still up for sale at the shop
    Traded in MX7000 light bar with clear domes and amber filters got $100
    Traded in MX7000 amber domes got $50
    Traded in mini lightbar. got $70
    Traded in Colt 9mm Carbine got $1000 in parts and free install of equipment. I also did some of the install my self and also helped the guys help finish up my truck. If I had them do the total install it would have been about $400.

Traded in AR15 gunsmithing skills for more credit at the shop. $ still to be determined.

I'll try and get some pictures of the inside of thet truck soon.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  19. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice truck and plow. I realy like the color of your truck.