1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New To Me Trailer.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mark13, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Picked this up Thursday night. I'm glad to be mostly over the days of feeling bad borrowing trailers when the landscape trailer wasn't enough.
    2008 Brute. 23+5' 24,999lb gvwr.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Bout time,I was tied of you knocking on my door in the morning to borrow my trailer!:)
  3. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

what did you do to your truck that it dosent seem to be sagging with an f250 and a nice big trailer on the back
  4. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

I like the setup. Trailer is pretty sweet and both trucks are nice :). Yea did you beef up the rear end?
  5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks, The ford's broke in the pictures. Had to go down to Yorkville and pick it up after the pull last night at Kendall County.

The truck has Firestone Ride-Rite 5000lb airbags on it. Otherwise the rear end is factory besides different shocks and a 2.5" block.
  6. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

That is a seriously nice trailer, I'd love to own one like that someday. Does the truck handle it well?
  7. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

Awsome setup! looks good!
  8. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Thats are some aggressive tires, what are they?
  9. Bigplower

Bigplower Member

second that question... i was just going to ask the same thing.
  10. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Look like Cooper STTs

Nice trailer good sir
  11. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

Damn nice trailer, would like one myself.
  12. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Truck handles it pretty good. The truck is somewhat modded in the interest of towing so it does pretty good for a 3/4ton. Depending how much I pull this thing around I may end up changing to a dually.

Thank you sir. I try to keep nice equipment.
    235/85/16 Toyo Open County M/T.
    235/85/16 Toyo Open County M/T. Their my winter tires for plowing, I normally have a set of 285's on 17" Eagle Alloy wheels but I took them off to polish.
    Pretty close, just the more expensive alternative.

Thanks, Took alot of looking and time before I found a used one that was a pretty close match to what I wanted without spending the money and ordering one brand new. I was pretty much set on Brute trailers but finding a used on up this way is very difficult since their a smaller company from Texas.
  13. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

im not even going to say anything :laughing::laughing::laughing:

14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

The Ford broke sled pulling. And for the power he's running and past pulls this summer it's expected to break something. It had nothing to do with a stock truck and just breaking driving down the road.
  15. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I would think a dually would be minimal for a trailer that size. What does that thing weigh empty? 6-7K?
  16. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

It's 7800lbs empty according to the scale at work. The scale is pretty accurate but it'll get recertificated here before harvest starts and I can always go weigh it again.
  17. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

Im surprised the white truck has not blown up
  18. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

That truck's fine. He know's how to drive it and what it will handle. It's not like it's an experiment on wheels.
  19. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

When did you get your class A?
  20. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Not yet, Have my permit, should be within a week and a half. Need to practice tight area maneuvering more, go through my pre trip, and I should be good. Calling probably Tuesday to set up an appointment.