1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to me toolcat

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Rich Graz, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

Buying a used toolcat 2006 with 700hours from bobcat dealer, main selling point is that I put it back on rental because i'm snow only cost me roughly 2k a year for 5 year. I'm making them rhino the entire bed inside and out along with cabin.

toolright.jpg

toolfront.jpg

toolrear.jpg

toolcatleft.jpg

2. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

can i get a bump

3. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

So you own it but rent it out except for in winter? whos responsible for maintance?

4. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

Bobcat is responsible for insurance and maintenance during rental.

5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Oh so the bobcat dealer will rent it like it's one of there own what do they get out of it since they have to insure it and do the maintanence on it ?

6. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

Half of the income of the rental

7. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Is this something Bobcat would commonly do? I need to ask our dealer about it. Sounds like a good deal.

8. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

My dealer lead me to believe that it was pretty standard practice for them.

9. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Why not just rent for three months then and be done with it. Always getting a newer machine and never having to pay for anything?

10. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

My thoughts exactly, I know what happens to things that are rental machines. They get beat up.

11. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Thats an interesting concept, and financially seems to make sense. But I would also be worried about getting it beat up during rental.

I have thought about renting out my tractors during the summer instead of letting them sit, and have even had someone from the local nuclear plant call and try to rent them from me to move "trailers" around for the summer. But I can't get past having no control over who and how my tractors are operated.

12. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

well If I was to rent these toolcats fetch 1600 a month I would do 4 months just to be on the safe side that totals $6,400. I finance this used machine at $600 a month x 12 months is $7,200. It's an 800 dollar difference between owning and renting and I didn't even include that fact I can rent it out during off season. So in reality with the fact I can put it out for rental It's cheaper this way.

13. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

I understand that completely for equipment that you have had from the beginning and have taken care of like a child over time but on the flip side of the coin we buy equipment to make money so me putting it on rental is exactly what its doing. It's just common sense that somebody is going to be rougher with a rental piece then there own. Remember somebody has already deflowered this machine and i'm buying it without knowing how rough or unseen damage has been done.

14. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Thats very true, good points. I have a 2002 Case 85xt that I bought for 15K and I feel similarly about it. But the case is growing on me, and I hands down like it more than my 2010 NH 175.

15. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

well the case skid steers are now NH or vice versa just differnt paint and maybe a spec one way or the other to keep the two seperate .