1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to me skid steer

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Greenmtboy, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

My new to me Cat 262C with 310hrs. Bucket arrived on Wednesday, machine on Thursday and tracks on Friday. Put the tracks on yesterday and must say it was a piece of cake! Very happy with how easy it was to install them. Now to put it to work! It will be nice having a skid steer that I can use year round. Can't wait for snow!

P7070002.jpg

P7070005.jpg

P7070008.jpg

P7090020.jpg

P7090024.jpg

2. dieselguy5245

dieselguy5245 Senior Member
    from mass.

Wow! thats a very nice machine, what year is it?

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

ive been kicking around the idea of buying one, now that look's kick ass. How much cash that cost???

4. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

whats the deal with the new tracks. looks kinda wierd they ay they are set up. take some time to get use to huh. im still loving this case track loaders. havent got any time in the cat machines yet.

5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

That's a nice machine! Good luck with it Thumbs Up

6. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Nice Rig!!! One tip, if your going in the woods or doing any building demo work build a heavy shield over your aux hydraulic ports as they stick out there just waiting to get broken. Looks good.

7. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Thats an awesome setup. Congrats on the new purchase.

8. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Thanks dieselguy, its a 2010.

Thanks olddog. I've been wanting a wheeled unit for awhile now, but I had to sell my CK-35 first. Very happy with my decision so far. Picked this one up for $38,400 without the bucket or tracks.

Thanks. No demo work but will be in the woods at times, so I will keep an eye on those. Thanks

9. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Did you want something newer, why did you sell the Komatsu tracked buggy?

10. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

There was a few reasons why I chose to sell it. 1) Komatsu is no longer making them, so parts and availability of parts will become hard to get. 2) Dealer support is on the weak side here and 3) I wanted a track machine for the spring, summer, fall and a wheeled unit for the winter. It will be nice have the income from a machine that will be used year round. I did have good luck with the machine while I owned it, it just wasn't working out in the snow.

11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice machine. I never knew they made track conversion kits for skid steers.

12. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Very nice! I ran the same machine (with wheels) a couple months ago, worked great and handled like a dream!

13. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Loegering makes them, I have them on the 252. It makes it really nice to be able to go from tracks in the summer to tires in the winter, the only thing I don't like is it's slower with the tracks.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  14. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

that thing is bad azz i love it what did the tracks run you. I think that i am def going to be looking into a set for my machine.

15. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

I do like the idea of being able to have a different machine in less then an hour. As far as speed goes, I think it's fine. I haven't been in a situation where I wished that it was faster so far.

Thanks contractor078. Bought the tracks new for less then $10,000, they came setup for my skid and were a piece of cake to install. What is the machine are you looking to put these on?

16. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Very very nice!!! Thumbs Up

17. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Looks nice! Spending 8 hours in that thing shouldn't be a problem.

18. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

You'll love it!! i spent many snow storms in Mine last year i have a 272c i think with tracks. i Persnally like the tracks better in the winter.. The wheels tend to spin out alot. But then again my guys put a 10' box on it. with that enclosure i used to wear shorts and a tshirt! Gets nice and toasty

Did you rent/ lease that or did you buy it?? We lease to own our skids from CAT Wonderful program they have.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  19. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to it.

I bought it, I can't see doing the lease to own. If you know your going to buy the machine in the end, save yourself some money and buy instead of lease. JMO.

20. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah but we first started renting machines for odds and end jobs... And instead of loosing that thousand+ dollars we spent on renting.. CAT just adds that money money towards your purchase of a machine.