1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to me salt box

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rfed32, Jan 18, 2007.

1. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

just picked up this salt box yesterday from a guy i work with, his brother...100bucks only b.c thats what the guy i work with told me the guy wanted 400 but got it for 100...its a lesco which is 2years old....some rust, will take apart this summer and sandblast and paint it....hooked it up to truck today but didnt get to use it in the snow that melted and has not frozen over....

2. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Do you have any pictures of the 1500 with the Plow on it?
  3. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

that was a good deal
  4. ameyerman

ameyerman Senior Member

i have two of those, works great! you will be very happy! o by the way that was a great price. DEAL OF A LIFE TIME lol :)
  5. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

yeah it was a great deal thats why i didnt pass it up...no pics of the plow on...if i can get to the storage lot where we keep them one night this week ill take a few....i have a western uni mount 6'6'' with wings on it....havent used them yet but we'll see how it does
  6. Ocean Side

Ocean Side Member

Will that spread bulk salt?
  7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Make sure you have a screen for it so no clumps of salt get down there.
  8. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

i was told with if i screen the salt for chunks i can load it with a shovel....havent tried it yet....might give it a shot sometime soon....