1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to me Protech pusher.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by JaimeG, Oct 31, 2009.

1. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Found this on Craigslist, and brought it home today for $1600. We also got the transfer tank with pump for $250 or $350 can't remember.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Awww its like the jd is opening its christmas presents! Looks great and both were very good buys

4. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Yeah, we had been searching for two months. I guess it does pay off to be patient.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Little small for that Ford,but it should do OK!

6. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Good steal. I have 3 protechs and they are top quality

7. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

Glad you found one for a good price! Good luck with that pusher, looks good. That transfer tank will come in handy, how many gallons does it hold?

8. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

You mean the tank? It might go on that red Chevy in the last pic.
    My uncle has one and we wouldn't settle for anything else, they all look cheap and weak.
    I think its 78 gallons, it has a 15gpm pump on it.

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Nope,pushbox!

10. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Glad to see you found a good deal on the pusher you were looking for Jaime.

Good luck with it this winter.

11. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Thanks a lot!:salute: Good luck to you too man!!!:drinkup:

12. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

NIce!

I have a friend thats looking for one!!!

wanna sell???:D

13. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

$2400 takes it. :D

14. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

1800:d ....

15. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Wait, 78 gallons? I think it is different for all states, but arent you only allowed to carry so many gallons before you need special "permits/licensing" ? Maybe 78 gallons is under the limit. And even if Im wrong here, at least Ill learn something :nod:

Anyway, both basically steals. I was hoping you would atleast let the skidsteer put its new toy on! Great find, I knew you had been looking for one, glad it was before the snow flew and prices rose. Good luck this winter :waving:

Get a plow for that truck already :laughing:

16. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm not sure about having a limit. Its common to see transfer tanks of up to about 250 gallons in trucks here. Or seeing farmers with 2 L tanks in their pickups in the spring/ fall.

17. SuperdutyShane

Oh, my dad drives a tanker and Im sure I remember hearing something about once you get to a certain amount of gallons you are "commercially transferring" I guess you could say. I forget how it works.. If I find out Ill be sure to tell you. :waving:

18. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

I don't know if there's a limit, or if there's a permit required, but uncle has a 100 gallon tank on his truck and hasn't had any problems.
    I don't think the truck's getting a plow this season, unless absolutely necessary, or if the season looks good by January.

19. SuperdutyShane

Yah, I remember you telling me not this season, I just cant wait for that truck to have a plow, its going to look sweet :D!

20. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Yeah, hopefully we gather up enough cash to get the plow we want.