1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to me plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by docsgmc, Dec 24, 2008.

1. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

i just picked up a newer myers plow with an e-57 PUMP and a better blade it is a direct replacment to the myers classic that was on my truck so all i had to do was slip the new bmper mounted plow motor and plug it in......i went to try it out on some snow in one of my lots and when it is angle to the right and i hit a snow pile it angles left on its own.....it works good when pushing snow but when you hit the snow pile it will angle on its own...is this normal and is this to protrct thr plow from damedge.......P.S. the old pump was a E-47...:cool:
  2. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

?????????????nothing,no takers,hmmmm:cry:
  3. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

That's your crossover relief valve working as it should. :salute:
  4. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

of your angle pistons are airbound it will do that also.
  5. Pusher5.4

Pusher5.4 Junior Member

if it is just slapping over with no resistance you may also be low on fluid you should fill it and bleed it out (that just burned me on a used plow that I picked up that I started using with out checking the fluid level)