1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to me Plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mudbugII, Oct 26, 2008.

1. mudbugII

mudbugII Junior Member

I just got a Diamond plow. The mount is on, hydraulics all hooked up, but have one issue. The guy I bought the plow from had it on a mid-90's chevy 1500, mine is a mid 90's chevy 2500, his had the 350, mine is a 454, and thusly, the bracket for the pump pulley does not match. Does anyone know the part number for the bracket that the pump mounts on? There is only one Meyer dealer anywhere near me and I'd rather buy it online and hopefully get a better price.

thanks,

L.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You'll likely have a tough time ordering that bracket online as those Diamond under hood hyro setups have been out of production for years.

You can try Storks Auto. Their well known for having a good inventory of obsolete NOS plow components. Search "Storks Auto" on the net, it'll lead you right to them.

3. mudbugII

mudbugII Junior Member

Well, I contacted Storks auto, and while they do stock several brackets, none of them will match up to the 7.4litre (454cui), he didn't think one was made for it. From reading other parts of the forum, I've seen that the majority of the posters think that moving to an electric pump would be a step "backwards", however, does anyone have any other possible solutions (note, I don't have a machine shop to fab up my own)? If I have to go electric pump, what brand/model should I go with (the hydraulic control module is mounted and installed already)?
    thanks,
    Lance.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There's nothing wrong with an electric setup. If your leaving the valves/controls, just run a universal electric underhood pump and reservoir from any of the hydro companies such as Monarch, Fenner, Barns/Haldex etc... A couple lines and some wiring and you'd be all set.

5. mudbugII

mudbugII Junior Member

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes you can use that one. All your control valving and relief valves are already in your current controls so all you need is a pump and reservoir with the correct specs. A 1500 psi pump with a 2 qt reservoir is all you need. The 3 qt reservior on that specific unit is a little overkill but doesn't matter as long as you have the under hood space for it.