1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to me plow rant

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nmaineron, Dec 15, 2015.

1. nmaineron

nmaineron Junior Member

I bought a used MM 2 light weight model.I am having a really hard time keeping the thing in a position where I can couple up without having it fall over towards the plow.How do you keep the thing upright. :realmad:

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Is jack leg bent? What type of surface are you leaving it on? Pushing lift arm down?

3. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

What surface is your plow sitting on? My plows are on dollys. Just pull up,push plow onto truck,release pins with handle,push headgear towards truck,release pins, pull handle enough to raise jack and then lock it in!I didn't think if the headgear dropped forward it lowered the plow at all,might be wrong,have to take a look see.If it really bothers you stick a 2x4 between the blade and headset to keep it from falling forward.

4. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

OK I have to
    Wrong Plow.
    BOSS V PLOW no chains, 2x4s, jacks, legs...................... just pull up into it hit the switch. :)

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Yeah because there are no threads about people having trouble with the Boss mounting system. :laughing::laughing:

6. leigh

from CT

Wrong thread superstar! We have boss also and they have their own fickle issues at hookup also.

7. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

I'm a Western guy, but ya gotta admit. That right there was funny as hell and perfectly timed. Kudos sir!

8. nmaineron

nmaineron Junior Member

The leg isn't bent but it is setting on a soft lawn...this isn't my first rodeo, having had a few plows in my years and I've got to say I have never worked harder trying to couple up than I have with this thing.I think I learned that the leg has to be on a firm footing...I am ciphering how to put two adjustable legs on it so I have a fighting chance,I didn't buy it to redesign it but I think it needs to be done...

9. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

You said the plow is new to you,if it came off a higher or lower truck your A-Frame needs to be adjusted so it sits level while on your truck,if its at an angle they tend to fall back or push foward on their own.

10. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

I agree when I first got my fisher i had to move it up a notch because hooking up was a pain now its no problem
    you may have to move the jack up or down a notch and push forward on the headgear so it will sit right and slide into the receivers at a good angle.

11. leigh

from CT

When you take it off put a square piece of plywood under the base of jack and 2 short 2x4's under blade.Honestly these are very easy to hook up plows,it takes about 2 minutes to do.You have to be fairly level side to side to mount up easier.If you drop plow and back up on uneven ground you'll be wrestling with any plow trying to remount ,wishing you had a couple of extra arms!wesport

12. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

Once you get pulled up to it push light bar towards truck. Get a guy to help ya. Then drive forward slowly. Its a pain if all is not level. Maybe use a floor jack to help lift the low side.

13. nmaineron

nmaineron Junior Member

Well.. nothing is level on my piece of the earth and I don't have anyone around to help me.Even though I had to lay on my back in the snow with something for leverage on my old Meyers and Fishers I could generally hook them up in a few minutes.I put a piece of 2x10 under the leg when I dismounted and as hard as I tried to make it level when I dismounted the frame dropped a couple of inches.We'll see when I have to mount again but I have no fuzzys about doing it in a minute.

14. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

[​IMG]

Never had a problem with this plow.I always put two 2x10s under the blade and small piece of plywood under jack.Dont just drop the plow in the snow with nothing under it.The freezing and melting of the snow will make the plow uneven when you go to hook it back up again.I have also heard of leg jacks getting frozen to the ground if there is nothing under them.

Your a-frame may need to be adjusted.Fisher put three holes in the rear of the a-frame for a reason.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  15. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Dude,one more time,check your A-frame,it's adjustable and HAS TO BE as close to level as you can get,short of the release rod not catching the jack were you drop it,it's the only other reason your having this much trouble.

16. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like you have room to drop the a frame down. Put the pins in the top hole and that should help a lot

17. leigh

from CT

That's not the op's plow!

18. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Welp, that's what I get for not reading the whole thread. Lol