1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to me, plow doesn't work.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by torqued, Feb 22, 2014.

1. torqued

torqued Junior Member

I'm new here and I'm glad to see a site that can teach me about plowing. I just bought a used Meyer ST 7.5 EZ Mount Classic. I have a 2005 Dodge 2500 Cummins. The plow set up came off a 2005 power wagon with 10479 miles and looks like it was kept in a garage.

Here's the problem. I installed everything by the instructions I got from the net. The plow doesn't worki. Thet motor doesn't come on, unless I jump the solenoid. It has an E-57 pump with an Electro Touch controller. The weird thing is that if I switch the controller on with the switch on it, It powers up the the radio and the interior of the truck.

Do you think the controller might be bad or did i do something wrong?

Thanks for all the help to come.

2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Did you use the Meyer Instructions?
    I think you have something hooked up wrong.
    Or a bad/missing ground.
    Go back over you installation.
  3. torqued

torqued Junior Member

I used the meyer instructions. Blue wire to a ignition(key on) source. Orange wire to the battery and the white wire to the seloniod.

4. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry I can't help you with your problem. I pay someone else to mount my blades. Just a word of advice though, go easy with that plow. It's not a bad plow, but if you push it too hard with that truck you'll wrap up the blade like tin foil.
  5. torqued

torqued Junior Member

Thanks for the input. Since I live on the coast of NC, we only get a couple snow falls a year of 2"-6" I have only seen 1 other plow in my area,, so this might be a good money making thing.

Is there another Meyer mold board that will replace the one I have that is better? 8.5' would be great.

I did get the plow fixed and working last night. Me being dumb, I put the blue wire on the positive side of the battery instead of the negitive. I'm not used to installing a wire to the ground side of the battery.

Thanks CRIS.
  6. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Good you have it going. :D
  7. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

No he won't. I've had an st on an 01 since new plowing commercial. 0 issues
  8. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

yep - wrong side of battery. Makes for a funny story most of the time
  9. torqued

torqued Junior Member

Now that I own a plow in will never snow in eastern north carolina again. MY LUCK.

10. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

that's a good thing unless your looking to make money at it!
  11. gasjr4wd

gasjr4wd Senior Member

I've got a 03 w/cummins... you are going to want a bigger plow. :waving:
    My 8' wide, 29" tall is too small IMHO. I hate driving around curves and running over my own piles. I'm not sure if I'm going to get wings or just upgrade plows next year. You can stick about 2000lbs in the very back of the bed and drive though a house and you may not even know it. :laughing:
    Really, the plow you have will be fine. There will be a point with big snows that you will want a bigger plow. I almost got a Myers Lot Pro but I wanted down pressure so it was SN.
    Then again you will figure out for some driveways bigger may not be better.
    Good Luck.
  12. torqued

torqued Junior Member

Like I said I may get 2 snow falls of 4" if I'm lucky. I'm from CT and miss the snow real bad:(