1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New-to-me moneymaker

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LocalTouch, Sep 17, 2003.

1. LocalTouch

LocalTouch Junior Member
    from Ohio

Hey guys, here is my new-to-me dump. It has a 8.5 poly Meyer. We stopped at the dump to unload in this pic. I cant wait to move some snow here in a few months. Should be quite a difference from a 7.5 on my f250. I am also testing out uploading a pic to my post.

pict0015.jpg

2. Santo

Santo Banned

L.T. , Will you be using chains or ballast?

3. LocalTouch

LocalTouch Junior Member
    from Ohio

Planning on using alot of ballast!

4. Santo

Santo Banned

Nice truck! Love the color."See you comin'yellow".What year is it? '97?

5. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

LocalTouch,good luck with it .It looks like its a 92 or 93.What kind of plowing will you be doing?Did you consider a V-box ,if your gonna use alot of ballast you might has well make some money .

6. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

We use "Z" cable chains on our 1 ton 2wd, dump. Put about 1 ton of 1" clean rock in the back for ballast. Works very well.

7. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

That's a pretty big oil tank, does it have central hydraulics?

8. LocalTouch

LocalTouch Junior Member
    from Ohio

It is a 94 F350, only 53,000 miles. The bright yellow should be very "high visibility" at night when plowing. The beacon on it is extremely bright too. Cant wait to get lettering. The color will attract attention, which will in turn be a kick in advertising!
    I was planning on getting a under tailgate spreader. I think a v-box is too bulky- for storing. A couple of tons of salt should be enough weight. Tell me more about these "Z" chains...

9. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

If the truck already has central hydros definally go with the under tailgate spreader!What engine does the truck have?

10. LocalTouch

LocalTouch Junior Member
    from Ohio

5.8 liter v-8

11. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Nice looking truck! best of luck with it. Get some pics with the plow on:)