1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to me MACK

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ServiceOnSite, Feb 26, 2009.

1. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

This is the only picture that i grabbed today, i will have a few more tomorrow. New rubber all the way around, has 230k on it buy was inframed at 190k with paperwork to back it. steering, and kingpins are tight. just a few leaking airlines but nothing that wont pass a DOT inspection. Im going to go through it clean everything up and end up painting it black to match the rest of the fleet.

2. jimaug87

jimaug87 Senior Member

where's the only pic you grabbed? I love Macks, I learned on an 87 8LL 10 wheeler.

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

It's snowing really hard, I don't think the truck is visible through the white out.:D

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  4. jimaug87

jimaug87 Senior Member

I have no image available at all. Nothing.

I'm using a Mac on Safari, is this a problem?

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I was being sarcastic, there's no picture.

6. jimaug87

jimaug87 Senior Member

ahhh haha. The smiley...

ServiceOnSite?

7. ServiceOnSite

Ok lets try this..... i really should have looked at the post before i closed it.

mack.jpg

8. SIWEL

SIWEL Senior Member

it almost looks likes its a converted triaxle...

I love that body style mack, clean that thing up and it will be awsome for you. what transmission does it have?

9. Lil' Danny

Lil' Danny Member

Looks like it's in pretty good shape for an RD model. Best of luck with it, can't wait to see more pictures ! What motor and trans are in it ? Mack suspension will last and perform forever !

10. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

that is no RD it's a DM long wheel base probably a triaxel

11. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

300hp 5speed????

12. ServiceOnSite

I dont get why you guys keep saying tri axel, its only a tandem right now. Theres room for another axel under there but wasent one there on the truck. Its a 237 Mack motor with a straight 5 speed in it. Been driving it around a littel bit here and there just to get the feel for the truck. Im going down to the dmv on monday to take the test for a CDL A and put this thing on the road. Probally another week or two untill i paint the truck.

13. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

from that angle looks like there is the hub for a tag just no tire .

14. Lil' Danny

Lil' Danny Member

Cat320, Good eye ! Offset cab.

15. ServiceOnSite

it also says DM in my sig

16. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Nice truck, should have tons of life in it. Why the need for such a big dump?

17. ServiceOnSite

haul everything in one shot when tearing out a drive way, also can pull a back hoe or loader on the trailer

18. jimaug87

jimaug87 Senior Member

What class license do you have in the mean time?

19. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

You probably know this already, but you only need Class B to operate that rig (without a trailer). Also, it is hard to tell, but that's not an aluminum dump body, is it? I believe they were suggesting it was a Tri-axle because the body was made for a tri-axle sized truck. That body is so big you better not load that thing up to the sideboards with anything heavy with out another axle, or the DOT will hang you!

20. ServiceOnSite

yes it is a aluminum body, and i know its big. in time i may get another axel for it but not right away. even broken concrete to the top of the side boards wont put that thing over loaded. to much space between the peices.

as far as the license goes i have a cdl c right now, im going for my cdl a permit tomorrow morning. The reason for the cdl a is more so i can pull the bigger trailers with a back hoe or a loader, or two skid steers on one trailer.

Ill have some more pics up tomorrow afternoon