1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to me ford f250

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by allstarlawncare, Jan 12, 2012.

1. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

New to me 2004 ford f250 lariat diesel. That is the 6.0 diesel motor. It has 62,000 miles on it.
    Getting a new to me plow installed right now and hopefully pick it up later today. I am going with western for my plow. Hope I like the plow

photo (10).JPG

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Truck looks nice and clean. Have a good season.

3. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a nice truck. Low miles for sure.

4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

sharp looking truck !

5. Jaysled

Jaysled Member

Nice looking Truck! Are you going to run a second truck? I've seen your F-150 around Webster. Good luck with it.

6. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Sweet truck, low miles!

I've got a question, how do you tell the difference between the older 7.3's in that body style and the 2003's and 4's with the 6.0L?

7. mustangman02232

mustangman02232 Senior Member

just by looking at them, the silver "powerstroke" badges are for the 6.0, the old black ones are for the 7.3

nice looking truck, i love my 04, I would probably spend a little bit of time reading up on isses and bullit proofing the truck if your planning to keep it a while

8. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck, I've heard good and bad about those 6.0s. Hopefully that one treats you good.

9. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

Thanks for the comments! Truck has worked awesome so far! I got to put it to use yesterday and today with some snow. this was our first push of the season

10. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

I do plan on keeping it for a while. I will definitely read up. Do you have any suggestions about what to do before I even start to read?

11. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

Heres the truck pushing some snow! Helping out my buddy who has a landscaping business plowing a church parking lot. Was awesome to get to use it for the first time pushing some snow. this was the only picture i got with the plow on. I will get more throughout the season

photo (11).JPG

12. mustangman02232

mustangman02232 Senior Member

http://www.bulletproofdiesel.com/ScanGauge_II_Digital_Data_Monitor_p/6000073.htm

this really is a must have for a 6.0. monitor your engine oil temp and your engine coolant temp, if EOT gets higher then 15* from the ECT, you need an oil cooler, otherwise you will start having EGR or headgasket issues, you can also use it to check FICM voltage so you dont get stranded, and as a boost guage (max boost on stock truck should be 23-25 lbs). they just plug in to the ODB2 port so you can swap it between trucks if you have several.

if your oil cooler is good I would flush the cooling system with distilled water till its clear, then refill with CAT EC1 rated coolant, it wont gum and and plug the oil cooler and if you do decide to do it put a coolant filter on it to get any crap and casting sand out of the cooling system. Ford, international or RACOR filters only, dieselfiltersonline.com has the best deal on them, synthetic oil works best, but not really mandatory. and atleast every other tank or so a fuel additive, i use powerservice.

ive got just shy of 100 on mine, still a baby, my oil cooler plugged and the scanguage let me know before it did real damage. other then that, zero problems, pulls anything, and still gets 20+ mpg when empty

13. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Truck looks great, post pictures when you get them. What size plow did you go with?

14. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

keep your eye on the degass bottle for puking . Thumbs Up

they love fresh air and plenty of it . 5'' exaust ,zoodad, cai and some tunes ought to snap your neck . dont raise the heads though payup

15. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

Its an 8 foot western pro plow with wings so it comes out to be about 9 foot 8 inches with the wings on.

16. Mrplow247

Mrplow247 Member

looks great i have a dark shadow grey, 2005 crew cab with 60k. 8.5 snowdogg v. i love the mileage i get while plowing in the diesel vs. a gas

17. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

What kind of mileage do you get while plowing? Westerns site says my truck cannot support one of their v plows which kind of stinks

18. oldbluehairhemi

oldbluehairhemi Senior Member

good looking truck. great find with low miles. good luck with it.

19. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

It'll hold the plow fine, it will just be over your front end rating which is why they can't recommend it.

Very nice truck.

20. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Head studs and EGR delete for sure...