1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to me Ford F-350

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by L.I.Mike, Dec 18, 2011.

1. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

So my friend bought a new F-250 quad cab with the diesel and I bought his old truck.
    2002 F-350 with the 7.3 diesel.
    Complete with 8 foot western plow.

I am so looking forward to driving this, truck is in great shape with 153000 miles on it.
    It's just broken in! So now we need the white stuff.payup

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  2. snowbuster1

snowbuster1 Member

Nice looking truck I think you will like it. I am a Ford guy, wish about everyday I had my 7.3 back.I got a 6.0 now and I think I finally got all the bugs worked out of it.
  3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice looking ride !
  4. sle

sle Member
    from midwest

Although I have 09 250 white 6.4, I still perfer the look of the 05,06,07 body stlyle.
    There is just something about them that look way cool.
    Maybe its the powestroke badge on the door, who knows...
  5. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

nice looking rig man. i love plowing with my 7.3's i take them over my 6.4 every storm that we get, but doesnt look like ill have to worry this year since its not snowing
  6. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

good looking trucks. i had a 6.0 and after repeated kicks in the dick from it i jumped ship to a duramax but you cant beat a good 7.3
  7. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

That Truck Is Awesome
  8. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

I have the same truck except its white cant beat it
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  9. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Sweet truck man. Those 7.3's are awesome motors!
  10. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

Nice rig. I just bought my father in law's 2000 F250 extended cab long bed with the 7.3. It just turned 71,000 miles, so it isn't even broken in yet! I put my Hiniker 8.5' poly V on it. We will see how it pushes compared to my 2002 Dodge 2500 with a Cummins in it. I think it will be a good rig. Good luck with your truck.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

nice looking truck. you will love plowing in that
  12. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

Thanks, It is a big change from my Bronco. I am really looking forward to seeing how this one works out since it is my first diesel.

Just make sure you plug in the "Glow Plug" otherwise you won't be going anywhere.
  14. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

Wow. Yours only has one glow plug? Mine has 8. But only one block heater. Just kidding. But seriously, he is right, I plug it in when it gets below about 20. Starts a lot easier. And gets heat in the cab much quicker.

15. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck man. where are you on the island?
  16. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

No....... all my trucks i dont plug them in unless its over -20. If you properly maintain them and take care of everything you should not have a problem. Never once had a problem with my 7.3's
  17. big_stroker

big_stroker Senior Member

If you have good glow plugs and a good glow plug relay there is not need to plug in the block heater on a 7.3 unless its -20 or so out.

I have never had a cold start issue other than when my GPR went out.
  18. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

I am over in Holbrook. I am getting used to the truck the more I drive it. The Bronco was small and has a very good turning radius, this one not so much but I can not even compare the 2 trucks.
    My friend who sold me the truck gave me all the warnings about the truck and cold weather so I dod not anticipate a problem, but thanks for all the input. This weekend the Bronco gets cleaned up and put up for sale.
    Sorry to see it go but I do not need 2 and this one is a keeper.
  19. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck. The 7.3 is a great engine.