1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to me fisher ez-v

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jasonlx, Dec 13, 2015.

1. jasonlx

jasonlx Junior Member

Hi guys, im new to the site and new to plowing as well, i bought a used fisher ez-v plow to use for my own property and maybe a few more driveways. the plow came off of a 2005 chevy 2500 duramax and im installing it on a 2005 f350 powerstroke. i went to the local fisher dealer and purchased the push plates and headlight harness. I installed the push plates and then when i started to get into to wiring i stumbled upon the isolation module differences. the module i have is a green label 4 port and i have the fishstick with the mode button. everything i read on here says i need the white label module. can anyone help me with this? will the green label module work with my truck or should i just buy the correct one? if its reasonable to make the green label module work with my truck then i dont mind a bit of rewiring. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

At least for 3 ports i know the green is fine to use where a white is called for. believe the same holds true for 4 port, no change needed. Try it, won't hurt.

I don't recall offhand whether you need a configuration plug for that '05 Ford though, think you do but check. I know the '05 chevy would not have had it in the port 1 control.

3. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

As was mentioned, you will definitely need a configuration plug in the control harness for the 05 Ford. The 05 GM wouldn't have used one. Without it, you'll have one light out.

As far as the module is concerned... that application does call for a white label, but as Jeff said, try the green label and see if it works. It does work on three port stuff. If you wind up needing one, I have a dozen of them. I'd trade you for the green label. You're too new for a PM, but you can email me if you wind up needing one... jebcoent1@aol.com

4. jasonlx

jasonlx Junior Member

hey guys thanks for the reply's, ill give it a try and see what happens, if it works then great. if not then I'll send you an email cubicinches, thanks for the offer, definitely beats buying a new module and throwing the green label one in the corner. i still have the push plates and headlight harness left over from the chev, haven't decided what to do with thoes yet. not sure what they would be worth to sell. thanks again for the advice guys.