1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to me F250

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Andy96XLT, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

Hello all,
    I have been looking for a plow truck for a few months now and finally found one the day before thanksgiving. Its a 1995 F250 HD regular cab with 95K miles. At the moment I don't have a real plow, but I do have a snowsport that I used last year on My explorer. Here are some pictures from the day i got it and now that I had the rust fixed and the body painted so it is all one color.

old pictures
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

and now some pictures after coming back from the body shop

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

nice truck man i like it, what di you pay for it?

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck. I used to have the same one. Same color and it was also an XL. I had an 8' Fisher Speedcast on it.

Something has to be done about those wheels though!!

5. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

i paid 3200 for it and it came with a big toolbox also that I have not put back in since i got it painted. One of my buddies said i overpaid by a ton but I have been doing a lot of research and the fact is that these trucks are just not cheap in my area. People want 5000 for the same truck with a ton of rust and 150K miles. After looking for a long time I decided that the price was perfectly acceptable to me.

and I know the wheels and tires are too big for plowing ha, but its what i have for now. I saw a few people had some sets are craigslist though for a couple hundred dollars so i'll be looking.

6. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

Oh wow, I thought you got it from a friend or someone you knew because of the price of it when I first read it.

7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

$3200 = good deal. Again, nice find.

8. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

I have a white one but not as nice as yours. Mines not 4x4

9. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Yeah thats a solid deal. Good luck with it this year.

10. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I don't think you over payed at all, truck looks solid.

Just goes to show that you don't have to spend a ton of money to have a nice ride.

11. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Sounds like a good price to me. Is it a 460?? And though they are not Ideal you should not have many problems plowing with those tires.
    Robert

12. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

Well I need to add the money I put into it to have the rust it did have cut out and new metal welded and have the truck painted which added up. All in all I have about $4400 into it but it now does not have any rust, has fresh paint, and looks very presentable to me.

When I got it it had a new bed put on it but it was in primer which is why i needed it painted. The truck has the 351 and the e40d transmission with 4.10 gears. The interior is in amazing shape, and it even has working a/c. Its the heavy duty so it has the 8600 lb weight ticket and the dana 50 axles. Also just before I bought it the previous owner changed the fluid in both differentials and the transmission was just serviced with fluid and a filter. It also had some minor mods like an MSD cap and rotor (I think i am swapping it out though) flowtech headers, and a K&N filter.