1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to me E-47 Issues

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by CalicoJack, Dec 29, 2014.

1. CalicoJack

CalicoJack Junior Member
    from NE PA

I just got a Meyer Set up for my 2000 Jeep Wrangler.

I got everything installed but won't work. Solenoid clicks shut. If I pull the qui connect wires to the motor I have 12 volts at the wire tips with the solenoid closed and not when open as I should.

reconnect the quick connect motor cables. solenoid closed I don't get 12v across the motor. Not sure if I should but motor not running. NO lift.

Pull the motor. Put 12v to it and it spins. I can turn the pump by hand with a screwdriver no problem.

I changed the fluid and clean the filters.

If I follow the Meyer trouble shooting guide it says pump bad. I swapped on my brothers e-47 and same trouble.

Where should I look now?

Thanks. (I joined this site because of this problem)

Jack

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

something is not rite in the wiring. ground lug from pump to truck frame or negative battery terminal.
    positive from battery to large lug on solenoid, then from other lug to positive of pump motor.
    with just these wires hooked up, if you then put a jumper wire from battery positive to small terminal on solenoid the pump motor should run.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What do you mean....clicks shut?

4. CalicoJack

CalicoJack Junior Member
    from NE PA

I ment you can hear the solenoid click and close.

On a side note. I pulled all my connections, cleaned them, checked all my grounds,cleaned the battery terminals, and replaced the solenoid.

Sure as crap it works perfectly now!

Not sure what healed it.

Thank you for the help.

5. tjctransport

dirty connections do it all the time, especially a bad ground.

6. CalicoJack

CalicoJack Junior Member
    from NE PA

I should have know better I guess. But hey I will check that stuff much faster next time.

7. tjctransport

mehhh. no sweat. these damn things are a learning experience. Thumbs Up
    just when you think you know everything you can about them, you learn something new. :drinkup: