1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to me Dogg on my 03 F350 Superduty

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Gibby, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Gibby

Gibby Junior Member

I just got this installed. Still having a problem with my lights. When I plug the connector in, I get the signals and markers, but no headlights or plow lights. Still working on that.

The bigger issue is that with the lift and 37" tires the pivot bar is 10" higher off the ground than it's supposed to be.

It goes into tomorrow to have the bracketry extended and reinforced so that it sits at the correct level.

Up here in the Pacific Northwest, we are expecting a GREAT winter, if you're in the snowplowing business, so I decided to start one.

www.gibbonwinterservice.com

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

looks dope, i almost pulled the trigger on one for my chevy.

on a side not thats not as far as it raises is it?

3. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

I had the same problem with my 08chevy last winter. Called the tech line at snowdogg and had to switch 2 wires in the headlight harness. I would give them a call. I dont have the # though.

4. Gibby

Gibby Junior Member

No, that's as LOW as it goes right now...:eek:

5. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

Is that a 5" suspension lift? I have the same issue with my plow I have 33" and 3" sus and I'm going to drop tire size for the winter you might have to go down to 33" or smaller. I was told the plow side should sit level.

6. Gibby

Gibby Junior Member

Actually it's about an 8" lift and sitting on 37s.

I had the plow mount modified and wheel spacers put in to prevent the rubbing.

I'll put some pics up shortly.

7. dodge15004x45.9

from malvern

Wheel spacers on 37??? There is better ways to do things than spacers.

8. Gibby

Gibby Junior Member

Not that I could find on this rig. I've already looked into custom wheels but for the superduty, I can't find anyone to even make what I wanted.

Did you have other suggestions?

9. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I'd get smaller tires for the winter.

10. dodge15004x45.9

from malvern

More back spacing. Either way you chew threw ball joins and hubs faster I have a 1500 for a year and have done hubs and ball joints already.

33" should do the trick for you get some stock wheels slap them on there and plow the roads!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  11. Gibby

Gibby Junior Member

The tires rub at an unacceptable level year round. I needed these anyway. I know that the extra stress is not desireable but it's a risk that I'm going to need to take, at least until it's time to put new tires on.

Maybe next year if the season goes well.

12. Gibby

Gibby Junior Member

I cannot find wheels for this that are backspaced more than what's already on there. They do end up in virtually the same stress anyway.

33" tires on this rig would look plain silly!

13. dodge15004x45.9

from malvern

Tell me about it I have to drop down to 33" and I'm running a lift as well lol.

14. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't know what looks more silly- a lifted truck with small tires or a lifted truck with a plow not touching the ground?

15. dodge15004x45.9

from malvern

Thats why we salt! payup