1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to me Dodge

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by chcav1218, Sep 20, 2011.

1. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Hey guys, I haven't been around in quite a while but i figured you'd like to see some pictures of my new truck. Picked this up in February but I finished out the season in my old chevy. She's a 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 gasser with an 8' Fisher MM2. Totally stock right now except for the plow and the light bar. Also got hideaways all around. Picked the bar up at a state auction for $25. I love the truck so far, no problems as of yet, can't wait to push some snow with it.

109.JPG

111.JPG

112.JPG

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

here's a few more

113.JPG

114.JPG

3. plowmaster07

plowmaster07 Senior Member

Looks nice man! How many miles? And where did you find out about the state auction?

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Dope truck man looks alot like my red one.

5. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

nice truck what state auction was it. Thats a wicked good deal on the edge bar and the plow is in really good shape.

6. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Truck had 108,000mi on it when i bought it but im well over 120,000 miles now due to all the driving I do for work. Gonna need a brake job soon, I'm not lookin forward to it. The auction was a New Hampshire state surplus auction that my friend found out about. We bid together on a set of two bars and each took one. Mine ended up being the only one that worked. It didnt come with lenses but I pieced that together out of lenses from my old mini edge and some lenses I found on craigslist. Doesnt look too great but I Like the K-9 logo in the center from when it was on the police cruiser. As far as the plow goes, it just got a fresh coat of paint last weekend! Has a few dents in it but it gets the job done.

7. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

How do you like plowing in your gasser? My 5.9 in the Dodge seems to have much less power than my old chevy with the 6.0. We'll see how it does this winter

8. THEGOLDPRO

Plows just fine, My blue one is a 5.9 liter but its a 5-speed so i have no idea how a 5.9 with an auto feels plowing.

9. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

yeh i noticed that after i replied when i read your truck info

10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking truck.

Looking at the pictures it appears the rear tires are a size larger then the fronts?

11. TNLC

TNLC Junior Member

Nice truck.

12. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck and plow and great deal on the light bar. Good luck this Winter.

13. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

The rear tires are two BFG's that are only a few weeks old and the ones on the front are two Goodyears that are about half worn, they came off my chevy before I sold it. The rears will be moved up front and I'll add two fresh tires before snow season.

14. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Definably nice truck. What make you upgrade to Dodge 2500 from Chevy Light Duty 2500?

15. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

The chevy had about 230k miles on it and was just worn out, needed a ton of work so I decided I wanted something else. I've always been a fan of the older Dodges and when I found this big red one I had to get it. It definitly doesnt have the get up and go that my chevy 6.0 had but overall i like it.

16. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Nice I had 2 superduty. one with 5.4L it had 250K and one diesel 7.3L 215K. Still have them and use everyday expect 5.4L it sit at storage.

Honest that red truck is bigger heavier than black chevy you had.

17. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Dodge trucks of that year got the "death" flash from Chrysler that killed any power from the 5.9's. If there are any stickers (still there) on the radiator support from a dealer than your truck probably has it. Also, if you remove the filter housing that sits on top of the throttle body, look down into the intake with a flash light. If its all oily looking/wet then your plenum gasket is probably gone (very very common on these motors). Hughes makes a replacement that isn't expensive and is a 1 and done deal.

It may not make a huge difference in power, but it will help MPG's a bit. If you want the power back, SCT makes a great tuner for these trucks now and the difference is great.

18. THEGOLDPRO

They also put a sticker on the pcm under the hood for the death flash, its not always on the radiator support.
    look for this sticker.
    [​IMG]

19. THEGOLDPRO

Who cares about your super duties??? This is about his dodge not your trucks.

20. THEGOLDPRO

What kind of hp gains we talking about with the tuner?