1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to me Deere

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by JD Crawlers, Jan 12, 2012.

1. JD Crawlers

JD Crawlers Junior Member

Meant to post pictures 2 months ago, but the cows like to find new ways to spent my time/money. Bought this 2003 JD 6420 to push snow and replace my 4020 in the hay field. Currently I have 15 residentials. Fabricator is almost done turning a fisher 8ft V into a 12ft V. With the lack of snow I havent really harped on him to get it done.

Andrew

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. buttaluv

buttaluv Member

That is sweet!!!

3. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

Dam that thing looks brand new....how many hours on it?

bee sure to take ots of pics of the v transformation.

4. JD Crawlers

Hard to believe it has 4700hrs. It was well taken care of. Fabricator said he would be up this weekend to install it, but that's what he said about last weekend :). Will take lots of pictures.

Andrew

5. G.Landscape

from Ontario

wow, WoW, WOW...thats is crazy, he took really good care of it. Is there a spec of rust on it anywhere?? haha. Looks good, I am sure you will have many good years out of it yet.

6. JD Crawlers

There is a little rust under the fenders, but the panel is removable. Will take it off in the spring and paint both sides. Was told it was bought new and put on a mixer wagon. Has the loader prep package, but never had one.

Andrew

7. G.Landscape

from Ontario

Are you going to be adding a loader to carry that plow? Or fab up a frame mount of some kind??

8. JD Crawlers

I will be mounting the plow to the front of the tractor. I plowed for years with a JD 5200 and loader mounted plow and prefer a tractor mounted plow. I found a loader for the 6420, just gotta come up with the $$.

Andrew

9. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

Sharp! Look like she's ready for a new set of tires.

10. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

Any idea what the top speed is on that jd?

11. JD Crawlers

Tires are probably 50% at the most. The brochure says its only supposed to do 18mph with the 16spd power quad, but the the speedometer on the tractor says its doing 24 to 26mph. Sometime I gotta get someone to follow me and see if its accurate.

Andrew

12. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Nice machine! I suppose 4700 hrs isn't out of the ordinary for a machine like that but it is really clean

13. JD Crawlers

Thanks. I wanted one with about half that for hours, but anything JD up this way is 60k or more. I wanted the 24spd power quad too, but for some reason most US farmers want the 16spd. My hay fields are 2 miles to 8 miles from the farm, so the faster road gear would have been nice.

14. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Sweeeeet !!!!!!

15. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I like it, it's very clean inside and out. I wouldn't worry about the hours on it, especially if the tractor had been operated by the same person. You are right on the price on JD's up this way but you do get your money's worth out of them.

Do you figure the 6320 will last as long as the old 4020?

16. JD Crawlers

With all the electronic stuff in these new tractors no I dont think it will. 4020 only has 5840 hrs on it. Still looks good, just wanted 4wd, cab, and left hand reverser. Gotta go fairly new to get that. If I could afford it I would keep both, but one has to go.

Andrew

17. MRHORSEPOWER1

MRHORSEPOWER1 Member

Nice JD 6320 tractor. Beautiful. Thumbs Up It's the same tractor as mine; but my tractor is a '02 with 1030 hours on it. I use it for residential driveways with Normand N92-260 Inverted Snowblower. It has a 16 speed transmission; top road speed is 18.5-19 mph. Digital and Mechanical gauge should be able to tell you that.

18. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

You should get a good price for the old tractor, that would get you a loader for the 6320.

When I was younger living on a dairy farm (80's & 90's) we had a 4010 Industrial with the JD industrial loader, she was a rugged puppy. That ol girl out ran the newer Deere tractors we had.

19. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

JD, I think your tractors sexy Thumbs Up

20. JD Crawlers

HI, this is actually a 6420, previous owner put the wrong decals on it. Both gauges read anywhere between 23 and 26mph depending on RPM's. I asked the dealer about it, but they couldn't tell me anything. Probably only going to keep it a year, then trade for a 7220/7320. I miss the 6cyl power.

Andrew