1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to me 99 7.3 almost done.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by brad96z28, Aug 14, 2013.

1. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Tons of work new 2012 bed ,painted truck to match the bed, frame redone front end, brakes, and the list goes on. Totally different then my duramax.

941903_10200652203561924_1456630284_n.jpg

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  2. BDTRUX

BDTRUX Member

looks good, let's see some more pics

3. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Nice truck! Why the switch?

4. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Nice where did you get a bed and how much.

5. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Cuz he wanted a real truck and not a toy lol. jk BTW nice looking truck

6. durafish

from 02919

Wait you got rid of the Duramax for this??? Its nice but....

7. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

only a few are willing to upgrade to real quality. :laughing:

8. durafish

from 02919

I'm not bashing ford I have one too but its reg cab where his Duramax was crew. Idk personal preferences I guess. Its sharp looking.

9. Holland

Holland Senior Member

You dont get stuck driving everyone around when you have a reg cab!! Thumbs Up

10. brad96z28

The crew cab is a bit of a pain to plow driveways with. I had traded in my 97 reg cab powerstroke for the duramax when I needed a bigger truck to be able to take the kids around. Now with the price of fuel I have a little economical car I drive if I need to go far or pack a few people in. Duramax trucks are way overpriced imo and unless you are going to buy one a few years old they are all rust buckets around here. So I decided to buy and older regular cab and make it nice and rust proof it the best way possible. And still put about 8 grand in my pocket.

11. brad96z28

I got the bed from a body place in ct. was 1500 with gate and bumper. It was about the same price new from ford but no bumper and cost another 5 600 to paint. So my intention was to find a takeoff with a color that I liked and have the rest of the truck painted to match.I put the bed on a rotisserie and completely undercoated before I put it on.

12. durafish

from 02919

Know how much a short bed would be?

13. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Thats a great price for a complete bed, do you mind pm'ing me their info? The 7.3 is a dog compared to the Dmax but is a super reliable and fairly cheap diesel to own.

If you want to tune it at all (makes it a completely different truck even on the low tunes) Check out PHP. Throttle response is excellent, much better low end torque and turbo spool, better shifting from the trans and lower egt's.

You got a nice looking truck there

14. brad96z28

I have a ts 6 pos chip it works very well. I have a buddy that has a white new take off short bed he wants 1800. Salem brake and clutch usually has the best prices on take offs.

15. plowguy43

Nice,
    so hows the 7.3 compare to your Dmax?

16. brad96z28

Kinda like a donkey To a Clydesdale. But it will push snow all the same that's all I bought it for.

17. plowguy43

LOL good analogy.

18. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

It doesn't take much to turn it into a thoroughbred.

19. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Depends what your comparing it to.

20. brad96z28

Compared to my 97 7.3 this one is intercooled and chipped its unbelievable. But compared to my duramax with even the economy tune its not in the same league and never will be.