1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to me 98 GMC 2500

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by chevyman51, Mar 7, 2012.

1. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

I bought this truck back in October. I figured I would post some pics of it. This is what it looked like after I bought it. I put the backrack on after I bought it.

before2.jpg

before3.jpg

before5.jpg

before4.jpg

2. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

Here it is with some new rims and tires. I also have cab marker lights to put on and I am getting ready to put some tow mirriors on it. I also have the mount for it I just need to find a plow I am looking for an 8-8.5ft uni or ultra mount. I am also rebuilding a whelen edge for the backrack

111.jpg

113.jpg

118.jpg

115.jpg

3. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

You should try out the 9ft. American/Everest Trailblazer plow for that truck.

http://www.wausau-everest.com/models/ftp-series.html

I actually saw a hitch for it on craigslist not too long ago.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  4. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Body looks really good, does it have the 350 or 454 engine?

5. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

350 when I bought it it only had 101,000 miles on it

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice clean truck. The new wheels make a huge difference in appearance. If I owned it I would take the pin striping off and put a different grill in. I don't like WT grills. I swapped mine out in my Chevy.

7. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

I am not going to take the pin striping off of it but I am looking for a grill I am just not in to big of a hurry to do it. Where did you get yours?

8. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

good looking truck there nieghbor i noticed your dmi hitch has a reese couple on it is it possible to get some closeups of it???

9. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

10. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

Thumbs Uptruck looks awesome and in great shape for its age. thats the way a truck should look, long bed full sizewesport

11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I bought my grill from LMC Truck it was $100 and $40 to ship it. It didn't come with a new bow tie so I had to use my old one. http://www.lmctruck.com/

12. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Sharp looking truck! I like the pin stripping and glad to hear your keeping it, I think bigger mud flaps make the truck look more bad ass. JMO.

13. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

14. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

Not much yet just a pop up camper and a few loads of wood on my 8x16 landscape trailer. It is very stout the way it is built. I don't tow to many heavy loads just the occasional car.

15. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

Those are on the maybe list I want to get the mirriors and cab lights on and put some back up lights on it first

16. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I like the grille, the truck but I do not like the hood. I am jealous.

17. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

Gorgeous just the way she sits.

18. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck, I really liked my ECLB. Grill /headlight swap would be a nice upgrade, I like the 89-91 4 bulb sealed beams.

If the condition of the intake manifold gasket is unknown, or hasn't been changed, I would strongly encourage you to replace it as soon as you can. They can fail suddenly, destroying the engine. At 100K a new spider isn't necessary, unless you have an extra $300 burning a hole in your pocket.

Sell that hood.

I really like the rear bumper.

19. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

The intake gasket was done right before I bought the truck. I am going to keep the hood for now I may sell it latter it does not bother me.

20. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

What towing mirrors are you planning on using?