1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to me 88 dodge ram

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jimv, Mar 16, 2012.

1. jimv

jimv Senior Member

i pick it up for 500 97k 318 727 trans here are some pick of when i pick it up and some pic off new body parts

88dodge.jpg

88dodge2.jpg

88dodge3.jpg

2. jimv

jimv Senior Member

one more when i bought it

88dodge1.jpg

3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Sweet! so whats the plan?

4. jimv

jimv Senior Member

4 inch lift 3/4 ton rear leaf spring iam going to be useing to tow my car trailer

5. jimv

jimv Senior Member

some more pic

88dodge4.jpg

88dodge5.jpg

88dodge6.jpg

88dodge7.jpg

88dodge8.jpg

6. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

While you're doing that, upgrade your axles to a D60 front axle, and a D70 rear. 3.54 to 1 is the most common ratio, but 3.07 and 4.10's are out there as well.. Since you're going to be plowing / towing and all that other good stuff, it wouldn't hurt to have axles that are more than willing to work without breakage..

Lots of them still around either on CL or as parts trucks on Dodge forums.

7. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

you put 3/4 ton springs in a short bed regular cab youll be in tears when you drive it. i hate driving mine and its a long bed. theyre good trucks as long as you dont have to be in them while theyre moving. i liked my 82 half ton 2wd much better

8. jimv

jimv Senior Member

i would love to put in bigger axles dont have the money right now iam only puting 3/4 ton rear leaf in it will be the 6 pack leaf not the 8 pack

9. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

My w250 rides like a big diesel powered dream, because I took out the front springs, and replaced them with new that were modified from stock with polyurethane spacers that prevent the leafs from touching @ the ends..... just what the new trucks have.

Granted a short bed will ride rough, but if it's a plow truck, and he's not going on cross country cruises with it, he'll be fine. Durability is the name of the game when it comes to plowing snow, and 1/2 ton parts break much faster than not.

IMO, the ultimate plow vehicle is the shortest vehicle possible with a diesel engine and slushbox trans.... regardless of make.

10. jimv

jimv Senior Member

here is a up date on a truck new wheels

photo.jpg