1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to me 773

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DodgeBlizzard, Mar 31, 2011.

1. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Just picked her up. 2001 773 bobcat with only 550 hours. We had to drive 2.5 hours to get it but well worth the trip.

2. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

ahhhhhhhhhhh pic's?????

3. DodgeBlizzard

[​IMG]
    Isn't she a beauty? I've been to auctions. They either have outragous reserves or sneakily have guys bid on stuff if they don't get the price they want. I've looked on ebay. And finally landed one on Craigslist. Yes, Craigslist. I got lucky. He posted it last night. I happen to see it shortly after he posted it. I emailed him late last night and we drove down first thing this morning.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  4. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Nice skid, seams really clean and has great tires to. Now just go down to bobcat and buy you a cab and a heater :}
    Robert

5. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Dang that things clean! wanna sell it?

6. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

Wow thats low hours for an '01. Looks really nice. How much did it set you back if you dont mind me asking?

7. DodgeBlizzard

Drew I don't mind ya asking. But let me listen to Deere615's magic number first. I sure know it hurt when I wrote out that check.

8. SIWEL

SIWEL Senior Member

That is a clean looking machine. Is there a cab in its future?

9. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

Ha Ha okay.

10. DodgeBlizzard

It already has a cab.....and it's already ventilated. haha Funny you ask that though. The wifey has worked with me on a few jobs and she loves to drive stuff we've rented before and also the other skid loader. It has the same style cabe. It wasn't until we started looking for another one that she noticed the glass enclosures with ac and heat. Every time I found a decent one online, the first thing she would ask does it have a cab enclosure? Then yesterday, AS SOON as I unloaded the 773, she gave me that look and I'm like what...you want to drive it? She said heck yeah and jumped right in it. She was all dolled up and everything. She didn't care. Made me laugh, I just had to take a video of her. It's not every day you see a chic driving a skid loader. : ) First thing she says when she gets off is ...........So when are you going to get an enclosed cab, heat/ac
    for it? Dang that woman is never happy. haha

11. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Looks like a nice machine. I would work on how your strapping it down though that would last about 5 min before being pulled over here.

12. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

looks great and really low hours for an 01

13. SIWEL

SIWEL Senior Member

haha my girlfriend will mow with me, she doesn't like running the kubota much tho....

If you plan to plow you will be very happy with the cab enclosure, even with out heat, it will keep the wind off of you.

14. DodgeBlizzard

So how does that work? Do I have to get a completely different cab with the glass already installed or can I just get the glass with the existing cab? And roughly what cost?

15. DodgeBlizzard

I guess same question goes with the heat/ac. Is it entirely a new cab with it installed or can they put it on the existing cab?

16. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

If i remember right the "cab kit" which is windows and a door with a wiper is about 1k bucks, and a heater is about 800 through bobcat. I would say it's worth every penny!!!
    Robert

17. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Nice looking machine! Congrats! Thumbs Up

I think rob is right, I think it is around $1500-2k for a cab kit (glass, door w/wiper, heater)

Enjoy and post some pics of it working when you get some!

18. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

haha if only this had been in the fall! I brought a brand new bobcat tractor, I will still need a skid someday but if that was close to me I guess I would say a really good deal would be 7500-9k? I probably would want to pay a little less maybe around 5-6k everything here was used and abused and wanted 7500-15k for machines like that abused and more hours which is why I ended up buying new

19. DodgeBlizzard

Here's what you get for $5000
    [​IMG]

20. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

Nice machine i always wanted to get a nice 773 or 873 bobcat, never found one that was in good enough shape.