1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to me 6ft electric Snoway

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ducaticorse, Feb 3, 2013.

1. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

I love when I get to use newly purchased gear and use it the very next day!

I bought this .75yd 6ft stainless electric snoway yesterday from a fellow PLOWSITE member. I wired it up today, and consequently dropped my cell phone underneath my truck without realizing and proceeded to run it over :).

Anyway, hit my first lot which is a ridiculously large size to do with this spreader and power. But I wanted to get a feel for it, and alas, with the flaps up, and the gate wide open, it chucked the soaking wet magic salt down pretty good. I would estimate the spread pattern to be roughly 10 feet of saturation with spin off rolling out to about 15. I used a little less than two yards total filling up twice and heaping the pile both times.

This little thing is super cute, VERY quiet, and overall a perfect fit for my little op. It will be a nice peace of mind knowing that I have a solid back up to my 2yd gas Torwel stainless. It also leaves plenty of room in my 8ft bed for one of the Honda HS520's, some buckets, and several shovels. All in all, very happy with the purchase.

Looking forward to cleaning it up a bit, replacing some hardware and installing some lights!
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

PICTURESThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up
  3. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Truck is in dire need of a washing, and the spreader needs a polishing, but this is it in her dirty glory... The spinner is detached for transport, easily done with the removal of two pins. MONEY for when towing the cat during a storm too. One pin and the whole assembly swings to the side and chains in, giving access to the pintle.

Going to clean her up, replace the stickers, replace the lights, try and bend the flaps so they are all even again and switch out non stainless hardware to stainless.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013