1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to me 550 mvp3 and some other random pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by fatheadon1, Feb 17, 2014.

1. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

09 550 [​IMG]
    05 f250 6.0 thats been flawless this crazy winter[​IMG]
    mvp plus stacking on the 2012 f250[​IMG]
  2. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

same mvp side pic to show its now bent nicely [​IMG]
    my 09 a300 moving some piles [​IMG]
    and same machine doing some brush clean up after the ice storm [​IMG]
  3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Great pictures….how do you like the new v-plow?
  4. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

Thanks, have not seen you post in a while but as for the plow other then the mvp 3 seaming to lift better due to the bigger lift piston is all the same to me.
  5. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Good to hear! We have so much snow on the ground, i don't think i have ever seen this much…..has been such a crazy winter….I think i have plowed 5 times in the last 2 weeks….

Life has been pretty busy for me, New job, getting married, and trying to remodel my home, all in between plowing snow lol…..Good luck the rest of this snowy season!
  6. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice set ups you got there
  7. snopushin ford

snopushin ford Senior Member
    from mass

Nice pics and equipment. To bad the plow bent like that, was there a hard hit??
  8. DuramaxLML-42

DuramaxLML-42 Senior Member

How'd you bend the plow??? What happened exactly.
  9. MR. Elite

MR. Elite Senior Member
    from E Town

Love it!!! Great setups!
  10. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

thanks guys. the plow was bent because I was trying to cover the work of 3 trucks because my subs were stuck at their day jobs and I was opening lots iv never plowed with 8-10 inches of wet heavy snow. I had used the Vplow for the first time in 2 years of owning it in the v position and still having trouble opening the lanes. Once opened I was attempting to Windrow back the piles and found 3 islands that were not marked and a curb in the middle of the parking lot any one of them could have done it but I think it was the combined abuse of hitting them all at about 15-20 mph because I could not move the snow any slower. it sucks but stupidty always catches up to you and in this case it's gonna cost me a pretty penny. on a better note here is another pic of the 550 today [​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  11. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Love the 550!
  12. sle

sle Member
    from midwest

Nice 550. But I see in your future asking ?s about problems with your 6.4
    Not trying to jinx u but been their done with that...

Good luck
  13. Polarismalibu

Polarismalibu PlowSite Fanatic

That 550 is nice! Get a set of wings for the mvp3 that will make it a real monster
  14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm pretty sure he's one of the properly educated folks who can keep a 6.0 or 6.4 together. I could be thinking of someone else though.

Sharp equipment you've got there! Must be a full time job trying to keep a fleet of trucks running that everyone hates on because it doesn't say 7.3 on the valve cover! :rolleyes:
  15. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

That's a great setup! Hope it makes you lots of money!
  16. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

I bought the truck for the body the rest i gotta deal with. My old boss had 3 flawless 6.4 and the repo company i used to work for has 300000 miles on theirs all trucks have flaws especially with the epa and dpf involved no matter what brand. This truck has a only been to the dealer for an egr cooler and that was alomost 2 years ago and 16000 miles since it been at a ford dealer so im hoping the bugs are outta it. With that said it has 34000 miles on it and the truck is spotless with 8 months left on the factory warranty at witch point ill delete it or buy and extended the warranty.
  17. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

Mark yes im that guy:mechanic:Thumbs Up as for the 6.0 25000 miles and 3 flawless winters still running like a top.
  18. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Very nice trucks and A300! Maintenance is everything with those motors.
  19. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Dam only 25,000 on the 6.0? or Since you had it with the rebuild you did, sweet looking stuff
  20. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

25000 since the upgrades. truck ha 158000 on it my friends dad bought it new September of 04 I bought it in October of 2010