1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to me 1999 F350 Dump Truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mklawnman, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Well FINALLY bought the 99 F350 that one of my customers had that he wasnt using anymore. It only has 46,700miles on it. It does have a 8'6" Western Plow.
    I just finished the sides on the dump body yesturday, still have to get a strobe light for the top of it and get a toolbox for it. Also have to look into a bigger tranny cooler for it. Already had to replace the front transmission seal on it since the previous owner had it sitting alot and told me it was starting to go but just said to put some Lucas oil in the transmission.
    Had a mechanic look at it, said that the front end is good, might need a u-joint or 2 soon, but nothing unusual for a Superduty front end.

The one thing I have noticed is that it does take a bit longer than my 02F250 to start, dont know if the relay is going bad or glow plugs?

One day I will get a v-salter for it, for now I am just using a hitch mount since my other 2 trucks have Swing away salters.
    Hopefully this will last awhile, maybe some paint here and there on the dump body but thats it.

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Nice find man. Best of luck with it
  3. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Looks good, I like the color too.
  4. snowman6

snowman6 Senior Member

I like it. Looks like it will make you lots of payup. Good luck this year.
  5. Thanks, yeah hopefully this so called "La Nina" works to our favors this season, been dry here lately so not much grass cutting going on and the leaves are mostly down and we have been cleaning alot up already.
    Rainy week and windy here.
    I like the color too.