1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New To Me 06 gmc 2500 hd

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Young Pup, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

My new to me 06 gmc 2500 hd.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

URL=http://s763.photobucket.com/albums/xx275/youngpup_gh/?action=view&current=newtruck_003.jpg][​IMG][/URL]

[​IMG]

2. Young Pup

[​IMG]

I will get pictures of the engine compartment up later. To tired to try to upload those right now.

The truck has 22,500 miles on it. It is excellent shape.

3. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Good looking truck you got there

4. APLC

APLC Senior Member

wow I love that color there. im sure you'll love it good luck what you hanging on it?

5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Looks great,What did you end up paying for her?

6. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Looks nice, Getting a boss V right?

7. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Nice truck, now you just need some factory alloy wheels and 285's on her.

8. Young Pup

19 for the truck. They started out at 21k

Thanks for the compliments guys. I am thinking I am going to hang a meyer off of it. Got phone calls made but nobody seems to want to get me the pricing.

9. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

19 seems high but I guess if you're happy with it thats all that matters

10. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

You should be able to get a very good deal on a meyer at this time of the year. What size plow are you going to put on it? Keep us updated.

11. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck, good luck with it.

12. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck JP:drinkup: Is it a 6.0 or the 8.1?? Very good price as well.

When I was plow shopping a Meyer Lot Pro 8ft was about 5,000 installed. The 7.5 wasnt much cheaper. If you got a dealer close, a Dogg will run you alot less than a Meyer. I paid 3800 installed for my 8 footer. A 7.5 should be around 3400

13. Young Pup

Thanks guys. I was looking at the meyer. Waiting on a call from a dealer here now. I was thinking 8 footer.

Tom I was looking at the dogg as well, but all of our parts are for meyer. We have been putting money into getting back up pumps and parts. We have 4 of us that run them here and are going in on it as a group so we all have what we need if the occasion should occur.

14. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sounds good JP. Just keep in mind the new Meyer plows run the E58H systems, and none of the 47/57/60 parts will work. They changed alot on them. And now they are going away from that set up all together and gearing more towards the Monarch style pump like the Dogg and Boss run. I saw a few brand spankin new Meyers a few weeks ago, and the pump is up next to the driver's side headlight with just a mess of exposed wires, etc. I hope they are going to address that and move them. But the lift ram isnt going to be inside the pump anymore. Then really none of the spare parts you got will work, lol. Unless you got parts for newer plows. Not trying to talk you out of the Meyer, just want to make you aware of all the changes they have made

15. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice looking truck JP.

16. Young Pup

Thanks Tom for all of that information. I did not know that.

Steve thanks for the compliment.

17. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Looking sharp! Nothing like a GMC HD!

18. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Not a problem JP:drinkup: Just wanted to make you aware of the changes. I think Meyer may be releasing a stainless blade soon too. There is a post here of a guy in Ohio trying one out. I will look for it

19. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

nice looking truck, there used to be one at Rocket Chevrolet in shelby ohio that looked just like it

20. Young Pup

That is exactly where it came from.