1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to me 05 f250 psd

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by fatheadon1, Oct 31, 2011.

1. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

Like the title says new to me 05 f250 6.0 psd ccsb 133000 miles on the clock. Id like to thank the Hurricane Irene stimulus for allowing me the funds to buy this truck.Thumbs Up Plans are to put my wide out and tornado on this truck and run it till the wheels fall off witch i hope is a long time from now. Parts already on order are hids, sct livewire and debating airbags to help hold the loaded salter with the perks of train horns because id already have the compressor :nod: headlight,taillight strobes in 08 taillights, SoundOff 1400 Lumen back up lights and a full detail are all on my list of things to do. ill post pics as she comes along

2. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

and a under hood pic [​IMG]
  3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Sharp looking truck. Those are some of my favorite body style Fords and that coil spring front end is alot better then the old leaf spring ones.

To go with your SCT I'd recommend custom tunes, alot of guys like Eric at Innovative diesel. If you fine Ultimate Plow on here he might give you some other ideas, he's pretty into the 6.0 trucks I think.

I'd look into coolant filters, egr delete, and exhaust also. Depending on your driving style headstuds and head gaskets may be a good idea also. The 6.0's are pretty cool trucks, just in factory form they need some refinement.
  4. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

thank you sir complement as for the body style its also my fav besides my 2011. As for the 6.0 this is not my first one [​IMG] thats my old 05 that was the twin to this blue truck my friends dads got the this blue truck same time i got the white on only difference was outside color. i strongly regret selling the white truck that now has 175000 on it so when this one went for sale i jumped on it. Eric at Innovative diesel is who tuned my white one and who i ordered the tunner for this truck from also so again good advice, as far as egr goes i did not list that as parts to order because i already picked it up just need to install. im taking the muffler out and prey that the hg hold till after winter as that when i plan to do studs.
  5. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

nice truck! mine is an 06 and i love it.

6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like you've got this under control and know what your dealing with. I wasn't sure if you knew anything about the 6.0's or were a new guy to them and were going to be totally surprised and disappointed when things possibly started going wrong with it that could easily have been prevented.
  7. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

QUOTE= dieseltechnice truck! mine is an 06 and i love it. they are sexy in white

8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I've had a couple different 6.0's either break down on me or have something go wrong but remain mostly drivable to get me home or somewhere safe on several occasions. They were all work trucks at places I have worked in the past. I'm not going to run out and buy one, but I appreciate a properly altered and well cared for one that's made to be reliable. They have a pretty unique sound to them once modded with a straight pipe, definitely gets your attention when their rapped out.

I'm a glass half full type, no sense bashing someone on a purchase they made. Especially if they know the in's and outs of them and have the intention to make it better then it was from the factory.
  9. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Well said Mark.

That is a good looking truck. I'm sure your end product will be exactally what you want. Although I'm not sure there is ever an end.....never has been with my truck. Always want more.
  10. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

well got some parts, 2010 harley wheels harley headlights 55w hi low hid and fogs SoundOff 1400 Lumen[​IMG] [​IMG] back up lights. still waiting on my strobes and mvp to come in and then its time to get to work
  11. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Nice truck!!!!!!Thumbs Up
  12. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck, can't wait to see the finished product!
  13. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

well spent the am of my turkey day working on the truck since its been raining all week and this was the first nice weather. got the rims an tires on rear brakes done and a fresh oil change. more to come in the next few days [​IMG] happy thanksgiving everyone
  14. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

finally got some snow last weekend truck clocked 8 hrs flawlessly, heres a pic sightly over loaded with salt [​IMG]
  15. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

nice setup, my ideal rig
  16. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking truck
  17. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Id like to see more pics of that truck and spreader, Im going to a 6 ft bed next year and want to see how the spreader fits in it.

Good looking truck
  18. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Nice truck!
  19. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

Thanks for the complements guys i have work my ass of to buy and set this truck as its an"extra" all I got left is to get my fuel tank in the gap between the spreader an cab an make something to stop the salt from covering the bumper. More pics to come
  20. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member