1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to Landscaping and Snow Removal

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by PowerfulLawn, Mar 7, 2016.

1. PowerfulLawn

PowerfulLawn Junior Member

Hi,

I am new to Landscaping and Snow Removal. Do you guys reccomend that I should buy an enclosed trailer right away when my business is operating? This is a home-based business, so I don't want other people looking to see what equipment, I have.

In another words, what did you guys do when you started your own business and what equipment did you guys start off with?

Any input is appreciated

Thanks in advance,
    Shane

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

Going to need something to bring equipment around in. What kind of equipment do you have

3. PowerfulLawn

PowerfulLawn Junior Member

I totally agree. I currently don't have any equipment as of now, due to starting my business in the fall.

4. LogansLawnCare

LogansLawnCare Member

Enclosed trailers are nice because you can leave your equipment in them over night and on rainy days your equipment is out of the weather. I also prefer them because when you are out during the day you can pad lock them and not have to worry as much about your equipment walking away. It all depends on your needs though, if you will be hauling brush away regularly open trailers are much easier to load and unload.

5. bdryer

bdryer Senior Member

Welcome to plow site... You know there is lawnsite.com also, right?

But just my $.02 here... go with whatever you can afford when starting out. Sure it would be nice to have all the goodies, but be realistic with what you can handle. I've seen too many guys go all out at the beginning and then crash a year or two or three later when they can't afford to keep or maintain what they have.
    Have a solid business plan and stick with it. Best business move you can make.

Good luck! If you enjoy what you do (lawn care/snow) the rest will come easily.

6. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

yes, welcome to PlowSite...however, as bdryer mentioned, the lawn care and landscaping discussions are to be posted over on www.lawnsite.com as we prefer snow and ice discussions here, for the most part anyway Thumbs Up

7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

A couple questions:
    Type of work ,resi or commercial (small or large)?

Location/snow fall amounts?

Budget?