1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to indust

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by rfed32, Nov 28, 2005.

1. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

im new to owning my own plow...i plowed in my cuz truck last year but he sold it lst week...it sucks b.c i personally picked up 9 driveways an apt complex and a flowerstore parkin lot....i have a 1996 s10 and need to find a plow....i dont know if i should go with the snoway st or the blizzard 720, or the homesteader if that will hold up. i dont want to lose money on a plow breakin on me i want it to hold up for at least 3-4 years for when i plan to buy new truck.

any help let me know thanks a lot

2. fergus7

fergus7 Junior Member

Hi I am plowing my own driveway which is about 100 feet plus the yard which is pretty big with a 91 S 10 it has an old fisher 6 foot 6 inch plow on it and is pretty heavy I have to put a load of wood on the back to get rear wheel traction but it plows very well it won't move a mountain but will do a good job if you keep at it I would get the lightest but strongest plow I could don't overlook used gear if you can get a good deal on it and make sure the mounts will fit your truck sometimes the mounts cost more than the plow!! I got some good parts from an outfit in Maine that someone posted here they have lots of used plow parts for sale.
  3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Why not post this in the New To industry forum, which is more appropriate to you're questions, since you're not looking for information about plowing your own driveway....
  4. gpin

gpin Senior Member

It sounds llike you have alot of work. I would go for the Blizzard, or a Fisher, but I would steer clear of the "homeowner" varieties. They are made to do 1 driveway per event. Good luck.