1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to hiniker

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by nathan11507, Oct 9, 2012.

1. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

Just wanted to say hi......long time member but have had a meyers and now have switched to ninker due to what is coming on the truck i am getting....used to have 2002 avalanche 2500 with 8.1 and myers c-8 plow and now getting another 2002 avy with 8.1 with a 7.6 hiniker.....just was curious what the glitches are that can happen with these plows.....and what is a good brand of red paint to use to redo the plow....the new avy has 79000 and i got 5 grand for my old avy with 181,000 on it and got thise one for 7 grand ....not to shabby.....well thanks for looking and cant wait use this plow and see how good it is

2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Plows themselves are great. The only issue if you had to have one would be the old style mounts. Some have a tendency to break and there is no fix for it.

3. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

what is the old style mount? i think i haver the new one where u just align it up drive into lock it in and plug it in and go

4. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

The quick hitch and quick hitch2 look very much alike. The only differance is where/how the locking pins engage. The quick hitch2 came out last yr, so unless the Avy has a new plow on it, its the older version.

As far as the forks snapping off, that has happened mainly to the larger V's. I had no issues with my 8' straight the 4 yrs I had it.

5. topdj

topdj Senior Member

Straight 8' here too no issues with the older forks. Heavy Vs do seem to have more issues. I'm not gonna worry about it too much.

6. mikes-plow

mikes-plow Senior Member

another straight 8' user here, plow and the set of forks i have are 6 years old no problems with frame. only complaint i have is it trips a little easy, but i guess thats better than breaking something.

7. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

My 8' is 13yrs old and is in better shape than most 3yr old plows I have seen. I have never had a problem with the mount. Only problems in 13 yrs have been 2 solenoids and one controller joy stick.

8. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

okay another question i have my blade seems to come up slower then it should but maybe thats the way hinikers are? but yet drops like a bomb and was wonerif there is a fix for anyone of these issues?

9. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

The 8.5' and 9'ers come with inner springs as well as the standard outer spring. You can add them to the 7.5' and 8'. I noticed my 8' tripped easy as well, never put the inners on it though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HINIKER-SNOW-PLOW-PARTS-COMPRESSION-INNER-TRIP-SPRING-STEEL-STRAIGHT-/280823586803?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item416263dff3&vxp=mtr

10. mikes-plow

mikes-plow Senior Member

Ya I checked that out a long time ago but the plow I have already has inner and outer springs. I also checked the measurements of the springs and they are also factory specs. I don't dare tighten them anymore though, I just deal with it.

11. mikes-plow

mikes-plow Senior Member

My plow does the same thing I just passed it off to being an older plow maybe there is a fix for it not sure though other than buying brand new