1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to hide aways question

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by 1 bad bolt, Feb 22, 2013.

1. 1 bad bolt

1 bad bolt Member

im in the market to try using some hide aways instead of my roof mount, i plow in a commercial lot and was looking for what colors work the best for the front and the rear ? since im new to them would mounting them in the reverse area of the light be the best for the rear and head light or running light for the front ? i dont have what set up in mind yet but they will be going in my 09 gmc 2500hd
  2. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Amber would be the best and usually give you the most punch brightness wise.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Amber to the front and rear. If you aren't using a auxiliary back up light with the factory ones you may want to add one or 2 as the leds will wash out the rear work lighting. For the front I would put them in the front running lights.