1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to forum, plow wont raise when in warm shop

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by matt_field, Dec 9, 2006.

1. matt_field

matt_field Junior Member

hey guys, new to this forum and noticed all kinds of great info, just wanted to say hi to everyone... i have an old western cable driven plow i just bought... flushed out the system with new atf and everything but the plow has a terrrible time raiseing when in a warm shop for to long. if sitting out in the cold it works great, angles great but in the warm shop it just angles. what could this be? i just put a new solinoid and motor on it
  2. Trueduelz

Trueduelz Junior Member

Hey I have a cable plow too. I noticed that when outside it works better or (faster). I figured that it must be something in the valves. You know like expansion and contraction. It is odd though.
  3. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

Sounds like the viscosity of the warm atf in your system makes the atf kinda thin and maybe your pump is getting a little worn.