1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to forum plow trouble help please

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by kjacobs, Jul 21, 2016.

1. kjacobs

kjacobs Junior Member

1997 ford f350 reg cab 8ft bed 7.3l with 8ft fisher ss plow not sure on year. plow worked fine last winter, had some work done on the truck this spring/summer and went to move the plow and nothing. my fish stick comes on then goes off intermittently like there is a loose connection somewhere? checked all plugs and greased them. wiggled them around while someone was staring at controller and still nothing. also when i put high beems on to ingage plow lights they dont work?. got the fishstick to light up and stay on once then went to lift then plow and it shut off? im a newb when it comes to plows and wireing and not sure how the previouse owner wired it cause theres like a million wires and controlers and fuses. he wired the truck so when not hooked up i dont have highbeams but when hooked up and i throw on my high beems the plow lights run off those. checked all the fuses i could fine and they were not blown. any ideas guys? did a wire get switched when i re installed the new fenders? maybe a ground? any help apreciated. thanks kyle

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

First, check the wire under the dash that is for the plow. Should be a lone red wire going to the fuse box.
    Second, double check the plow solenoid. Make sure all the wires are tight and in their proper order.

3. kjacobs

kjacobs Junior Member

We're is the plow solenoid? How do I know if there in the right position?

4. dieselss

Where ever the installer put it.
    Round piece, should have 4 wires going to it 2 big red and 2 small. Try by the battery first.
    Did you locate the power wire under the dash yet?

5. kjacobs

kjacobs Junior Member

I'm gonna take a look for the red wire under the dash this afternoon, what exactly am I looking for? Just to make sure it's there?

6. dieselss

Red wire all by itself coming off of the plow joystick wiring.
    Actually remove the wire from wherever it's attached in the fuse box, and reattach it.
    Sometimes the wire likes to wiggle out of the fuse that it's installed into

7. kjacobs

kjacobs Junior Member

Okay I'll take a look at that also thing I found the soliniod could the wires be backwards or does that not matter?