1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to forum...Have a 92 ranger plow question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by diebog, Nov 18, 2012.

1. diebog

diebog Junior Member
    from norcal

Hey all, I am new to forum and I have been looking for some info on plow mount for a 92 ranger and haven't been able to come up with much.

This may sound stupid and I know it is not recommended what I am trying to do but just wondering if anyone had any ideas for me. I have a Yamaha rhino that i bought a 72" plow for just to do my driveway. A warn winch raises and lowers it on the rhino. The problem is the rhino doesn't way by 1000 lbs and i have allot of trouble trying to plow 4-6" which isn't all that much. I thought about adding a ton of weight but its just not practical, that and i freeze my nuts off plowing.

So what i would like to attempt is mount it to my 92 ranger beater. It is 4x4 and has 33" snow tires. So i think it would do just fine for the little i need to plow. Is this possible? I have welder and metal working experience but wanted to buy something to get me started then fabricate what i need to attach it. I was thinking about something like this:http://www.ebay.com/itm/11097605696...ewitem=&sspagename=ADME:B:ONA:US:3160&vxp=mtr

My plow mounts via two arms with 3/4' holes onto a plate with ears that the plow mounts too via pins. So i was thinking it might work with something similar but figured id ask here to see if anyone had an idea.

Again I know it would be better to buy the correct plow, but I already have this one and don't want to spend 1-2 grand or more.

Thanks for any input

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

What brand of plow and how wide? There are mounts for Rangers. I had a 6 foot Myer on on Bronco II for 8 years. Used mounts are out there. Then you just piece together a system. Wire harness here, pump there, lights cheap from an on-line supplier, mount from a used dealer. If the plow is too big you could trade down with a used dealer. Put weight in the back of the truck and your pushing snow.