1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to Forum. Fisher MM lighting issue?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Capepowder, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Capepowder

Capepowder Junior Member

Hi All:
    I am new to this forum, but it looks to be a wealth of info. I just bought a used 1997 Ford F-250 4x4 reg cab, 8' bed with a 7.5' Fisher MM .
    First
    A: How do tell what style/model of Fisher Plow it is? (been painted & no decals).
    B: It seems to work fine. UP, down, left & right all good. But the headlights on the plow frame do not light. The plow frame parking & turn signals work fine. But my plow headlights do not?
    C: The headlights on my Ford stay on & light when the plow is installed/plugged in? Is that wrong? Should the plow lights when connected make the stock Ford headlights go off?
    Make sence?
    Any help on troubleshooting the plow headlights would be great! I am the worst when it comes to auto electrical!
    Thanks
    Bob

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

do you have two or three electrical plugs at the grille?

If you have the three plug setup, here is your mechanics manual (different and better than owners manual)
    http://fisherplows.com/pdf/27179_070001.pdf

And here is the one for the two plug:
    http://fisherplows.com/pdf/27179_070001.pdf

They will both have trouble shooting guides that, with patience and some electrical knowledge, will get you through any problem!

I'm going ot guess you have a 7.5 foot RD model, i don'tknow which style pump though as i'm not sure when the switch was made and if that was bought new with the truck...

3. Capepowder

Capepowder Junior Member

Re: New to forum

Thanks Mike:
    Mike has 2 plugs to set it up. I think it has a 9 pin plug.
    Bob