1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to forum EZ Classic Mount for Ford F250

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mtnlakeman, Dec 13, 2010.

1. mtnlakeman

mtnlakeman Junior Member
    from Idaho

I'm hoping someone knows, or knows where I can look up what mount I need for a 1986 Ford F250 4WD. The parts I have now came off from a working plow that was on a 1987 Chevy 2500, I sold the truck, and took off all of the plow parts. What other parts do I need to make this conversion? I'm new to the forum so pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

if you have fabrication skills, you can make the chevy frame fit, i have done it before.
    to do it properly, you would have to get a frame for your body style truck.

3. mtnlakeman

mtnlakeman Junior Member
    from Idaho

Thanks TJTrans, I was thinking I could have this done as I know very little about fabrication. You mention I need to get the frame for my truck body style? Are you refering to the fabrication of the part or the Meyer frame part?

4. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

no, get the proper frame if you are dumber than a box of rocks.:laughing:

if you have fabrication skills, it is really nothing more than cutting off and adding some brackets, making some drop brackets, and maybe adding a few bolt holes here and there.
    fabing a frame to fit an off brand truck add about 3-4 hours to the install time.
    as in makes a 4 hour job an 8 hour job.

i usually spend more time looking for the metal to make the parts than i do making said parts.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Here is the link to Meyer's EZ transfer. enter the information as requsted for both your old and new vehicles and they will give you the part numbers you need for the swap.

http://www.meyerproducts.com/eztransfer.aspx