1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to forum but not an idiot

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by snotime, Jan 29, 2013.

1. snotime

snotime Junior Member

Recently picked up a 32 series snoway for my 2000 f350 (yes its a dually 2 wheel drive I get it that I cant push snow), besides that point I have the 99100657 mount for my truck. I was not aware or even told that I had to unistall my antisway bar to install the subframe. What happens to my truck when I remove it to install this plow? Its a 32 series snoway (got it cheap because the turn arm was broken) I really like the down pressure feature but also dont want to trash my good running 7.3 2 wheel drive dually by drilling holes in my frame if this just wont work. I would hope for an answer other then its the wrong mount. This is all from snoways website that its the correct mount.

2000 f350 2 wheel drive part # 99100657
  2. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Welcome to the site. Good to hear you are not a idiot. We don't need another "what tires do you run" thread.

Hope someone chimes in with you plow problem.
  3. snotime

snotime Junior Member

Thank you, my tires are balled like my head. I did alot of research I thought before buying the plow. I did see a 250 will not accept the mount from snoways website, the 350 showed no disclaimer or note that the stabiler (antisway bar) was an issue. After fixing the plow and spending $&^***.*&^ for the mount and shipping I thought maybe I would have been told the mount wouldnt fit my truck without major (- drilling my frame) loosing a major suspension componet ANTISWAY BAR, would have been an issue....I really liked the doenpressure feature but sounding like SNOWAY wont stand behind the product. Why not admit it doesnt fit the ford F350???? Not wanting to start the Snoway drama again but whats up?? So far out a ton ($1500) of cash for a paper weight..??
  4. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

come on basher where are you
  5. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Grassman, by the way, what tires do YOU run? :laughing:
  6. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Dropping a sway bar on a independent front end doens't sound like a good idea to begin with. adding the plow weight would really be a challenge to her on the road.

I may be time to rethink is endeavor and start over.
  7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Cannot blame snoway they list it all out. Note it is an optional stabilizer bar meaning not all 4x2 F350 have it (a stabilizer bar.) Did you inform anyone that your truck was equipped with the OPTIONAL stabilizer bar?

Did you look at fits under the F350?
  8. snotime

snotime Junior Member

No I didn't inform Snoway I had the optional stabilizer bar not was I asked. Now back to the question at hand. What happens if I remove the OPTIONAL stabilizer bar. Why does snoway say a 250 cant be mounted but does not mention the 350.:mechanic::Just donw want to drill me frame out to mount if it don't work. I wasn't aware it was an optional bar. It came on my truck..
  9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snoway does tell you all about it. You just didin't do your research properly. Why did you look under F250 if you have a F350? If you didn't know you had that option how would a dealer?

If you remove the bar? You have more front end roll, a set of timbrens or airbags will help control that if it's excessive.
  10. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

I think you should have done a little more research before saying snoway doesn't stand behind their product, and choosing the title you did for your first post :)
  11. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Hello Mr. Snot ime,

Drilling a frame for a couple bolts, and removing a sway bar is not uncommon for installing plows. My other dodge and the dodge I currently run, I had to drill the frame in both. The sway bar was removed from my other truck in order to do so, as well as my current one.

Did it affect my truck ? No. It has a little more movement going over big bumps, but nothing that would be considered detrimental.

Lots of trucks don't have sway bars, and lots of trucks have them added. They just help improve the ride and make it more stable. Can't see how it would affect safety, especially since you're driving a dually.

BTW..... Really glad you're not an idiot, otherwise you'd be abroad with your bucket list...:rolleyes:
  12. snotime

snotime Junior Member

Thank you for the info on how to adjust, wasn't aware it could even be removed.

The research I did never showed the link you posted. Would have stayed away seeing how note 9 was added at later date.

I apologize for stating that snoway does not stand behind the product, I do however still feel snoways app guide from the link above was very misleading as it has no mention of the mount not fitting with the bar installed on the 350. I ASSUMED it wasn't an option but a required component on the 350 since there is no foot (9) note. I get it now, Looks lke somw drilling, and then well see how it rides..

13. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Hey Kubota whats the best way to make salt brine? What salinity percentage should I have? lol Bet that's gets old too huh?
  14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you had used the truck application guide instead of looking at archived stuff it would have been very simple.

the archived guides are there to help with discontinued/changed/superseded parts. While I'm glad they are there we never use them as an fit guide we prefer the most current information and easy access of the app guide.
  15. snotime

snotime Junior Member

Guess i am an idiot

Took the stabilizer bar off, spent 3-4 hours drilling (broke2 bits) and installing plow. Got the electric harness this morning and installed the plow. Dove about 4 miles today cant say I noticed any difference in handling. Actually pushed only about 4 inches of wet stuff in different drives and had no issues so far. Still looking for light harness (99100792) and controller harness to call it complete. Hope to paint the blade in a few days and Ill post pics of a 2 wheel drive dually pushing snow. (ON LEVEL GROUND)

To date have about $1500 into the 32 series plow. I CANT COMPLAIN AT ALL......:mechanic: