1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to forum, but 3rd season plowing.

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Beachernaut, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

Hey all,

I'm new to the forum, but I've been using my ATV for a few seasons now doing mostly driveways.
    I use a 2006 Polaris 500HO with a 48" Glacier II plow. To help keep me warm, I picked up a cheap ATV cab.

Although it works great, I spent nearly every night (after work) for 2 months plowing out neighbors driveways (some as long as 50 yrds). I also put nearly 400 miles on my ATV, so I'm looking at picking up a truck with a plow, and just using the ATV for light duty.
    Our problem here is wind and drifting snow, so plowing is almost a full time job.

Here's some pics of my setup. I also have a 12v heater, and XM Sat radio on my ATV, but no pics.

The drift in the picture was collected in less than 8 hours. I had plowed right before I went to work that morning.

atvcab.jpg

atvcab1.jpg

plow4.jpg

plow5.jpg

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:jester:

3. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

hehehehe.....
    It was a balmy -15 that day.

4. ddierking

ddierking Junior Member

Sweet, where did you get the cab?

5. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

6. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

welcome to plow site

7. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

Thanks!

I purchased an old Dodge with a Western plow this weekend. The plow works well, and is in surprisingly good shape for it's age. The truck is wore out, but for $1000 I can't complain.