1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to Fisher, What do i need to know?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Clapper&Company, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Ok guys, If its a Myers I know every thing about it!

But I get bought a new truck and it has a 2001-2002 MM1 on it. 8ft with wings boy will it move snow.

But What do i need to know about them, any tips or info would be great thanks

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Ron, welcome to the world of reliability. I've had a new 7.5' MM, used 9' MM and now a new 8' MMII. Other than adding fluid to the used one (it was four years old when I got it), I haven't had much go wrong. The used one blew a hose when I hooked a tree trunk on a private road at 10mph. But that was about it. I seemed like everything I thought was wrong wound being something I was doing wrong. The last one needed a seal replaced, but did that under warranty one day when I had time to take it in (nothing serious - just a little seep on an angle ram).

3. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Mick, Sounds good. I know the plow I have is kinda ruff and I'm planing on doing some work to it. But over all it is a sweet plow and works good.

It have the small joy stick controll, and I was thinking about maybe trying to get the hand held.

4. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

I got the MM1 what did they change with the MM2??

5. Mick

from Maine

Basically the MMII has a spring that pulls the triangle down as it lowers, so you don't have to leave it in "float" and push it down manually.

6. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

No not much at all.

Will the MM1 Mount fit a MM 2 plow?

7. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

Yes it will. The other thing between MM1 and MM2 is that there is only a lever you use to disconnect from the frame instead of having to pull individual pins.
    I've had a 7.5' MM1, 2 MM2 (1 HD and 1 Xblade) and 1 Xtreme V, all of them have been great with very few problems (did break the center pin on the Xtreme V and damage quite a bit but I will take the blame for it because a diesel 1 ton and it in scoop, it stacks literly 12' high).
    They are great plows, plain and simple.
    James

8. Mick

from Maine

I don't know.

Oh, also the MMII has a lever to pull which is attached to both pins. You stand in front, pull the lever toward you, push up on the light tower and both pins will detach. Then when you mount the plow, bring the lever back up and lift to let the pins slide home.

(EDIT) - I was replying the same time as jglandsacaping.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  9. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Thanks for the input so far guys.

I have had it for a week or so and i Like it already!

I would like to have a Vee